For faster browsing, we recommend that you upgrade your browser
Select country and language
CHECK IN, CHOOSE YOUR SEAT ON BOARD, BUY AN EXTRA COMFORT SEAT AND SAVE 20% ON EXTRA BAGGAGE, ALL FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME.
ONLINE CHECK-IN IN THREE STEPS
- Enter your booking information: Select your flight and the passengers traveling with you
- Choose the additional services: Choose your seat on board free of charge. You can buy an Extra Comfort Seat and Extra Baggage saving 20% on the price at the airport
- Choose how to receive your boarding pass
If you have baggage to check in, skip the line and take it directly to the dedicated drop-off desks at the airport, where present, or to the Business Class desks.
WHAT TIME DOES ONLINE CHECK-IN OPEN?
You can check in online 24 hours a day, from two days before the flight departure, even if you are traveling with checked baggage.
For more information, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Do you want to travel even more comfortably? Buy your Extra Comfort Seat during online check-in.
- Do you want to travel with more baggage than the allowance for your ticket? Save 20% online on the price at the airport*. Purchase your Extra Baggage now.
Passengers with disabilities can enjoy the same discount by calling the dedicated Special Assistance number the day before the flight's departure.
Check-in for light fares can only be done online, by mobile, using the Alitalia app or at the Fast Check-in desks at the airport**. The seat assignment cannot be changed.
*The 20% discount on the price at the airport does not apply to light fares.
**Passengers with animals to take in the cabin and passengers requiring special assistance must go to the check-in desks.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please refer to the frequently asked questions during online check-in.
USE MOBILE CHECK-IN, SAVE YOUR BOARDING PASS ON OUR APP OR RECEIVE IT STRAIGHT TO YOUR PHONE VIA A TEXT MESSAGE
The service is available on all domestic and some international routes.
WITH THE ALITALIA APP
In a few clicks, check in entering your booking code, ticket number or MilleMiglia code, choose your preferred seat, download and save the electronic boarding pass on your phone and go directly to security control and the gate.
WITH ALITALIA MOBILE
Connect to http://mobile.alitalia.com and type in your data and the MilleMiglia code or the booking number on your ticket. When check-in is completed, enter your cell phone number and you will receive a text message with the link to your electronic boarding pass, with barcode or save the boarding pass on Passbook if you have an iPhone.
Show the barcode at the security checkpoints and the gate when boarding.
Find out more about MOBILE CHECK-IN
USE FAST CHECK-IN AND PICK UP YOUR BOARDING PASS FROM THE AUTOMATED KIOSKS IN THE AIRPORT.
Use Fast Check-in for domestic1 and international2 flights and flights connecting with any Air France or KLM flights, even if you have baggage to check.
The Fast Check-in kiosks allow you to:
- Check in up to seven passengers on the same reservation at the same time
- Change your reservation (if your fare allows it)
- Select your seat
- Print your boarding pass with online Check-in, Mobile Check-in or Tele Check-in (only for Ulisse, Freccia Alata and Freccia Alata Plus members)
Fast Check-in has three easy steps:
- Identify yourself via:
- Your Frequent Flyer (MilleMiglia, SkyTeam) card
- A machine-readable passport
- MilleMiglia code
- Number on the electronic ticket
- Booking code
- Confirm your flight
- Retrieve the boarding pass and receipt
If you have baggage to check, go to the special baggage drop-off desk.
- At the following Italian airports: Bari, Bologna, Brindisi, Catania, Florence, Genoa, Lamezia Terme, Milan Linate and Malpensa, Naples, Palermo, Reggio Calabria, Rome Fiumicino, Turin, Trieste and Venice
- At the following airports abroad: Amsterdam, Athens, Boston, Frankfurt, London Heathrow, Nice, Paris Charles De Gaulle and Orly, São Paulo, Tokyo (you can also use the kiosks of partner airlines Air France and KLM)
1. Excluding Rimini
2. Except for: Libya, Russia, China, Canada and the USA
SPECIAL SERVICE FOR EXCLUSIVE CLUB MEMBERS TO SAVE TIME AT THE AIRPORT AND AVOID LINES.
HOW TO ACCESS THE SERVICE
The service is for Ulisseand Freccia Alata members, who can call MilleMiglia Member Service, and for Freccia Alata Plus members, who can call their reserved number, traveling on the following routes:
|All Italian airports||Domestic or international (Schengen area including London)|
|Athens, Barcelona, Frankfurt, London or Madrid||Rome Fiumicino, Milan Linate or Milan Malpensa|
You can use the service if you are traveling with hand baggage only, from 4 hours to 40 minutes before departure of your domestic flight or up to 50 minutes before departure of your medium-haul international flight.
PICKING UP YOUR BOARDING PASS
Pick up your boarding pass within 30, 40 or 60 minutes for domestic, medium-haul international or long-haul international flights respectively at the Alitalia Lounge (CFA and CFAPlus members), at check-in desks (Ulisse members) or from the Fast Check-in kiosks.
Find out more about TELE CHECK-IN