For faster browsing, we recommend that you upgrade your browser
Select country and language
If this is the first time your child has ever flown in an airplane, let us help you celebrate this event with a special “First Flight” certificate commemorating his/her first experience as an airplane passenger. Print the certificate, fill it out and give it to a Flight Attendant on board. The captain will be happy to sign it and make it “official”.
In addition to special fares, our young passengers will get lots of other special attention:
- Sala Amica, at Rome Fiumicino airport (Terminal 1, open daily from 05:30am - 12:00am) with TV and cartoons
- Bassinets1, on all intercontinental flights
- Special kids meals, to be requested when booking the ticket:
- Up to 2 years – baby food including lean meat, vegetables, fruit and dessert
- From 2 to 12 years old – complete meals including hamburgers, packaged sweets and sandwiches
Strollers for young travelers: remember to attach a luggage label to the stroller with your full name, address and telephone number. Strollers are sent free of charge to all destinations and for all travel classes when traveling with a child up to 11 years of age.
For Alitalia group flights arriving at and in transit through Italian airports2 served by the Company, you can request at check-in that the stroller be delivered for immediate use upon disembarking or at the gate (accessories such as covers, bags etc. must be removed).
You can book a seat for young travelers that includes the same weight, size and quantity of baggage allowed for an adult ticket, plus the stroller (the same conditions apply to children from 2 to 11 years of age).
Children (up to 13 years of age on domestic flights and up to 14 years on international flights) must travel with an adult who must be present in the same travel class (if the parent is of minority age, the child can travel accompanied by the parent provided that he/she has been given parental authority).
Children up to 2 years of age can travel in the lap of an accompanying adult3 or, if they use an approved child safety seat, a seat can be purchased for them.
If they are traveling in an accompanying adult's lap, the adult is entitled to bring an additional bag of up to 10 kg. If the child occupies a seat, the baggage allowance will be the regular one for children 2 to 11 years of age.
In any event, the presence of the child must be indicated when booking the ticket of the accompanying adult.
1. Some long-haul aircraft offer on-board bassinets, for children less than 76 cm long and weighing no more than 11 kg, which can be requested when booking. For operational reasons, this service might not be guaranteed on board, even if booked, in which case the child must travel in the adult's lap.
2. Excludes Cagliari, Genoa and Trieste airports
3. For safety reasons, on long-haul flights on B777s, A331s and A332s, children up to 24 months old are not permitted to travel on an adult's lap in Magnifica Class; they must occupy their own seat and use the passenger’s own approved child safety seat