For faster browsing, we recommend that you upgrade your browser
Select a country and language
If this is the first time your child has ever flown in an airplane, let us help you celebrate this event with a special “First Flight” certificate commemorating his/her first experience as an airplane passenger. Print the certificate, fill it out and give it to a Flight Attendant on board. The captain will be happy to sign it and make it “official.”
In addition to special fares, our young passengers will get lots of other special attention:
- Young Lounge, at Rome Fiumicino airport (Terminal 1, open daily from 05:30am - 12:00am) with TV and cartoons
- Bassinets1, on all intercontinental flights
- Special kids meals, to be requested when booking the ticket:
- Up to 2 years – baby food including lean meat, vegetables, fruit and dessert
- From 2 to 12 years old – complete meals including hamburgers, packaged sweets and sandwiches
Strollers for young travelers: remember to attach a label to the stroller with your full name, address and telephone number. Strollers are sent free of charge to all destinations and for all travel classes when traveling with a child up to 11 years of age.
For flights served by Alitalia, arriving and transiting passengers2 can request at check-in to have their strollers returned to them at under the aircraft or at the gate.
Children (up to 13 years of age on domestic flights and up to 14 years on international flights) must travel with an adult who must be present in the same travel class (if the parent is of minority age, the child can travel accompanied by the parent provided that he/she has been given parental authority).
Children up to 2 years of age can travel in the lap of an accompanying adult3 or, if they use an approved child safety seat, a seat can be purchased for them.
If they are traveling in an accompanying adult's lap, the adult is entitled to bring an additional bag of up to 10 kg. If the child occupies a seat, the baggage allowance will be the regular one for children 2 to 11 years of age.
In any event, the presence of the child must be indicated when booking the ticket of the accompanying adult.
1. Some aircraft offer on-board bassinets that can be requested when booking. Should this service not be available, the child must travel in the adult's lap.
2. Catania, Genoa, Trieste airports are excluded
3. For safety reasons, on long-haul flights on B777s, A331s and A332s, children up to 24 months old are not permitted to travel on an adult's lap in Magnifica Class; they must occupy their own seat and use the passenger’s own approved child safety seat