Seats for Small Travelers (from 0 to 2 Years Old)
If you want to book a seat for your child, you can bring your child safety seat on board, as long as:
- It can fit in between the arm rests of the airplane seat (42 cm/16.5 in)
- You can install it on board yourself, in compliance with the manufacturer’s instructions (forward or backward facing)
- It can be kept in place with the seat belt (child safety seats made up of two parts, needing three attachment points or kept in place with a metal rod may not be used)
- It is not defective and bears a visible EU seal of approval or a seal of approval from other recognized official authority
You can only book a seat for your child on selected flights and up to 48 hours before the departure time by calling the Special Assistance.
Approved seals of approval include:
- UN ECE standard R44-03 and 44-04
- US seal US FMVSS no. 213*
- Canadian seal CMVSS 213/213.1
- German TUV/958-01/2001
- Seats approved for use in cars and tested in accordance with standards equivalent to those listed above by the Canadian Transport Authority, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Joint Civil Aviation Authority (JAA)
If you are traveling in Magnifica class on our aircrafts, you must reserve a seat and have a child safety seat approved for use in cars.