Pentru navigare mai rapidă, vă recomandăm să vă actualizaţi browserul
Selectaţi ţara şi limba dvs.
Încă nu sunteţi înregistrat?
Introduceţi codul MilleMiglia şi codul PIN
Alitalia has a dedicated team for passengers requiring special assistance. Request assistance when you book your flight. Call 0040 21 318 76 61/2 or contact the Customer Relation Office nearest you at least 48 hours before departure to request appropriate assistance according to your needs.
For more information on the rights of people with reduced mobility, please refer to EC Regulation 1107/06
The following passengers must be accompanied by another person:
- Those who for physical or mental reasons cannot care for themselves
- Those who cannot independently operate their wheelchairs or those who, if necessary, cannot cooperate with flight staff for the emergency procedures applicable to them
- Those who are both deaf and blind
- Those who need to be transported on a stretcher
While the flight crew can help passengers open meal packages and accompany them to the bathroom door, they cannot help passengers eat or take medication, nor assist them inside the bathroom. If you require help with any of these functions you will need to travel with an accompanying person.
If you need a doctor’s permission for air travel, you must print, complete and then have your doctor sign and stamp the Medical Information Form (MEDIF) not more than seven days before your travel date. The MEDIF form must be sent to the Call Center during the booking phase for processing by the Alitalia medical service at least 72 hours before departure, not counting Saturdays and public holidays. If medical clearance is required for the transport of passengers on stretchers, the form, completed in full and signed and stamped by the passenger's attending physician, must be received at least five days beforehand, not counting Saturdays and public holidays.
Passengers who suffer from chronic diseases or have physical disabilities may also show a FREMEC (Frequent Traveler Medical Card) and health card valid for five years.
Your wheelchair, electric or fold-up, will be tagged and placed in the hold free of charge. You must check it in at least one hour prior to departure for domestic flights, 1½ hours prior to departure for medium-haul flights and 2 hours prior to departure for long-haul flights.
Alternatively, you can book a wheelchair service, specifying the degree of impairment. Passengers with reduced mobility can transport free of charge up to two personal mobility devices (e.g. wheelchair, walker) and one extra bag weighing a maximum of 23 kg for carrying medical supplies.
If you need to travel on a stretcher, you can request this special service when you book your flight tickets.
A Safety Briefing Card is available for blind and vision impaired passengers on medium-haul Airbus aircraft. The card contains passenger safety information in Braille with raised figures and in keeping with regulations covering legibility and color contrasts for visually-impaired passengers. It has the following characteristics:
- Text with letters and colors for visually-impaired passengers (and their assistants)
- Text written in Braille
- Figures in 3D showing features such as the location of emergency exits, a layout of the cabin, instructions on how to fasten and unfasten seat belts, emergency positions and the use of safety jackets and oxygen masks.
Please mention your need to travel with a guide dog when booking the flight to find out about the availability for it to travel in the cabin or in the hold. Guide dogs travel free of charge and are not subject to weight limitations as long as they have a muzzle, a leash and, if they have to travel in the cargo hold, an appropriate carrier.
Find out about the other special assistance services:
- Oxygen therapy for passengers with heart, lung or respiratory conditions to prevent the effects of cabin pressure when the airplane is flying at high altitudes
- Transportation of liquid medicine and syringes on board, for personal use, in sufficient quantity for the entire trip (flights to and from the destination and for the duration of the stay). Authorization from the airline is needed and must be requested when booking the flight. The following must be provided at check-in:
- Medical certificate dated within 30 days of the flight that attests to the need, quantity and method of administration for the drug
- The manufacturer information sheet for the drug
- Self-certification that the container is crush-resistant and tipping-resistant