The sale of this service will only be available for flights until 14 October 2021. Tickets with a flight date of 15 October 2021 and later will follow the procedure “Cancellation of flights departing from 15 October 2021”
As of 23 June 2021, the rules for choosing an Economy Class seat on board our planes have changed:
Do you want to sit in the front row? Or would you like a window seat? Maybe you prefer a seat with more legroom next to the emergency exits?
Depending on the fare class of your ticket, this option is offered to you free of charge (for Economy Classic Plus and Flex fares) or for a small supplement (for Economy Light, Saver, Classic fares): choose your seat and fly the way you want! To secure the best seat once you have bought your ticket, proceed immediately with your choice and save money compared to purchasing your seat at the airport.
AUTOMATIC SEAT ASSIGNMENT
If your fare class does not include free seat selection and you decide not to purchase your preferred seat, the system will assign you one free of charge during check-in, based on availability and operational and security policies.
HOW CAN I PROCEED WITH THE SEAT SELECTION?
Once you have purchased your ticket, if the fare class does not provide for free seat selection, you can purchase your preferred seat in the following ways:
- At any time:
- o by accessing the "My flights" section on alitalia.com;
- by calling the Alitalia Customer Center:
- during check-in:
- online, at alitalia.com 48 hours prior to the departure of your flight and for flights to/from the USA 24 hours prior to the departure
- at the airport, before the flight, at the check-in desks or at the self check-in stations where available.
WILL I BE ABLE TO TRAVEL FOR FREE ALONGSIDE MY FAMILY/FRIENDS?
The system of free allocation of seats, taking into account the availability of seats based on availability, operational and security policies, will try to seat all passengers included in the same booking next to each other.
For adults traveling with children under the age of 12 under the same reservation, the allocation of seats close to the minor is guaranteed for at least one of the two parents or for the companion. Seat allocation is possible when purchasing a ticket through the Alitalia Customer Center; for purchases made in a travel agency or online, seat allocation can be made:
1) during online check-in;
2) after purchasing the tickets, by contacting the Alitalia Customer Center at the toll-free number 800 650055 from Italy and from abroad to the local Customer Center.
In the event that online check-in fails to assign seats adjacent to the minor for at least one parent/companion, you can call the Customer Center for Italy at 06 65640 (option 1), and from outside of Italy at the local Customer Center, or contact the check-in desks at the airport directly for assistance in allocating nearby seats.
Regardless of the free allocation of nearby seats for the minor and the parent/companion, if you would like to choose specific seats for greater comfort during your flight, you can always purchase the "Seat selection" service.
PASSENGERS WITH PHYSICAL, COGNITIVE AND SENSORY DISABILITIES
Passengers with physical, cognitive and sensory disabilities and a companion can pre-select seats at no cost by calling the number for Special Assistance, from Italy (+39 06 65640) or from outside of Italy the local call center, or the sales offices or at the airport (subject to availability). The companion's seat will be adjacent to the disabled passenger.
For full details, please read the Terms and Conditions for "Seat Selection"
Price per leg for seat selection in Economy Class, for flights starting from 28 June 2021.
LIGHT / SAVER / CLASSIC (price on the web and call-center)
|FARE CLASS CLASSIC PLUS / FLEX||FRECCIA ALATA - FRECCIA ALATA PLUS||CARDS MILLEMIGLIA CORPORATE||MILLEMIGLIA AWARD TICKET|
|Rome - Linate and return||4€||9€||Free||Free||Free||Free|
From/to Milan to Italy*
From/to Rome to Italy and other domestic flights*
Europe North Africa Middle East
|Rest of the world||39€||49€||Free||Free||Free||Free|
* Except for flights in territorial continuity for which the seat selection is always free. North Italy: Bologna, Florence, Pisa, Genoa, Turin, Venice, Verona and Trieste. South Italy: Naples, Bari, Brindisi, Lamezia Terme, Reggio Calabria, Catania, Palermo, Pantelleria, Lampedusa, Cagliari, Alghero, Olbia and Comiso.
If you purchased a ticket to fly from 23 June, 2021 with the Economy Classic, Economy Saver, Young Person, Family or Military rates, you can continue to select your seat on board for free in the usual way until 27 June.
After that you can choose your seat for free, according to the following options:
- on alitalia.com in the "My flights" section or during online check-in if you belong to one of the categories for which the new “Seat Selection” service is free;
- by calling the toll-free number 800 650055 option 5, up to three hours before your flight departure. This option is only available for those who have not yet completed web check-in; otherwise, the seat will be assigned to you free of charge by the system and you can only ask to change it at the reception desks in the airport, based on availability and indicating the ticket purchase date;
- at the reception desks in the airport, based on availability and indicating the ticket purchase date.
Yes, on all flights operated by Alitalia eaving with effect from 28 June 2021
Absolutely not! If you do not select a seat, the system will assign it to you free of charge based on availability, and operational and safety criteria.
Of course!Simply enter the "My flights" section with your booking code to be able to select your preferred seat. Or you can do it during online check-in, directly at the airport at the check-in desks or by calling the Alitalia Customer Center.
The price paid for the choice of seat is non-refundable following changes made to the booking (change of date, flight, itinerary or destination) or cancellation of the requested flight for reasons not attributable to the Company. You can accept the seat automatically assigned for the new flight or choose another one, paying the relevant fee.
No, MilleMiglia miles are not earned by selecting a paid seat.
I SELECTED MY SEAT BUT I THEN REQUESTED AN UPGRADE TO THE PREMIUM ECONOMY/BUSINESS CLASS. CAN I GET A REFUND?
Yes, in the event of upgrading to a Higher Class (Premium Economy and/or Business Class) you can request a refund here
Yes, of course, but some requirements must be met, you must:
- be 18 years or older;
- be able to understand the Italian and/or English language;
- have full mobility and availability, in the event of an emergency, to provide assistance for any rapid evacuation of the aircraft.
To comply with the safety obligations imposed by the Italian Aeronautical Authority, passengers cannot occupy seats located on the emergency exits if they:
- have reduced mobility;
- have visual or hearing impairments;
- are traveling with children or minors;
- are clearly pregnant;
- are seriously overweight (passengers with limited movements that could hinder access to the emergency exits, who need an additional belt on board);
- are traveling with pets;
- who use drugs that can alter their psychophysical abilities.
Furthermore, hand luggage and all personal effects must be placed only in the overhead bins.
If you do not meet these requirements, you will not be able to use the seat in front of the emergency exits and you will be assigned a different seat. The price paid for seat selection will not be refunded.