The service is available beginning 48 hours before the flight's departure, even if you are traveling with carry-on bags.
EXCEPTIONS to open times for online check-in:
• Flights departing from Geneva and Zurich -> 24 hours before departure
• Flights departing from Amsterdam and Paris -> 30 hours before departure
• Direct flights to the USA -> 24 hours before departure
• Flights with connections to flights operated by KLM, Air France, Etihad or Delta Air Lines -> 30 hours before departure*
ATTENTION: If you are traveling to the United States, please make sure you get to the check-in desks at least 3 hours and half before your departure time for the documents verification.
*Calculated from the flight departure schedule provided by KLM, Air France, Etihad or Delta Air Lines
Online check-in is available to all passengers who are traveling on flights operated by the Alitalia Group, except for:
• Minors (up to 14 years included) who are traveling alone*
• Passengers who need special assistance**
. Passengers with a group reservation (more than 9 people)
• Passengers who are traveling with special luggage (sports equipment, animals).
• Passengers traveling on flights not operated by the Alitalia Group
• Passengers with a flight connecting, on the same day, to flights operated by other airline companies that are not Air France, KLM, Etihad or Delta Air Lines.
• Passengers departing from:
○ Las Palmas
○ London Heathrow
○ Palma de Mallorca
You cannot do web check-in if the segment consists of two or more connecting flights and the stopover airport is not the same as the one for the departure on the following flight.
* Minors can do online check-in only if they are traveling accompanied by an adult.
** The passenger who needs special assistance can make a request by calling 06 65640 at least 30 hours before the flight's departure time, so as to receive assistance according to their specific needs from check-in time until boarding.
Please select how to retrieve/print your boarding pass:
- Alitalia APP or alitalia.com*
- Fast check-in machines at the airport
- Check-in desks
*For the following flights, it is not possible to print your boarding card from web channels. You must retrieve it at the airport:
- flights from: Cairo, Tripoli, Tunis, Algiers, Amman, Beirut, Casablanca, Moscow, Toronto, Malé, New Delhi, Johannesburg, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Boston, Chicago, Washington
- flights to: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Tripoli, Havana, Toronto, New Delhi
**When boarding, every passenger must present their boarding card on their mobile device. If necessary, please print a paper copy of your boarding pass at the check-in desks or the fast check-in machines at the airport.
PLEASE NOTE: Passengers in the United States should present themselves at the check-in desks three and a half hours prior to the flight departure to complete the relevant document checks
Online check-in is also allowed with carry-on bags. After completing the online acceptance, you can quickly leave your luggage to be registered at the dedicated "Drop-off" counters present in major airports; in other airports, you can deliver your luggage to the Business Class counters.
Yes, if you are traveling in economy class, you will have another service: the Comfort Seat.
On national flights, this will allow you to occupy the first seats in the cabin and you can get off before the other passengers.
The cost varies according to the length of the flight:
For the following sections: Pantelleria - Milan Linate; Milan Linate - Lampedusa; Lamezia Terme - Milan Linate; Milan Linate - Trapani; Cagliari - Milan Malpensa; Catania - Milan Linate; Milan Linate - Naples; Bari - Milan Linate; Milan Linate - Palermo; Brindisi - Milan Linate and vice versa, the cost is €19 per segment.
*The listed price is subject to change and is related to the time the service is purchased.
Please note that this fee is refundable only if your flight is operated by Alitalia, or if the extra bag you paid for in advance is lost and is not found within 45 days.
This fee is not refundable if you decide to bring fewer pieces of luggage with you than is allowed based on the early payment for additional luggage. If you decide to bring more pieces of luggage with you than the additional bags paid for in advance, you will be asked to pay the normal fee for the additional luggage.
Comfort seat refund
Please remember that the service is refundable only in the following situations:
• if the company cancels the flight;
• if the company changes the type of aircraft and if the passenger is re-routed on another flight, if there aren't seats available of the same type as the one purchased;
• if the passenger misses the connection with an intercontinental flight following a delay of a flight operated by its company or partner;
• if there are technical problems verified with the seat;
• if the company exercises its right to assign or reassign the seat before or after boarding for operational or safety reasons;
• if there are force majeur reasons that allow the refund of the ticket for missing the flight (e.g., certified illness, death, natural or sociopolitical events).
Please remember that this service will not be refunded:
• if you voluntarily cancel the flight;
• if you decide to buy an upgrade to a higher class either online or on board;