1. The standard award ticket ("Award Ticket") can be requested for Economy class, Premium Econom6y Class* (from December 1, 2016 only through Call Center on Alitalia operated flights)
or Business class and must be used within 12 months of the date that it was first issued. The miles used to issue a ticket are non-refundable, unless the Standard Award Ticket is not used, either in full or in part, due to causes that are attributable to Alitalia or its Partner airlines.
2. The Award Ticket can be a round-trip ticket or a one-way ticket, and can be requested for Alitalia flights and for flights with Partners of the MilleMiglia Program, based on the specific tables (Alitalia and Multicarrier), which are both available on the website www.alitalia.com.
3. The Multicarrier table is applied in all cases where an Award Ticket is requested for travel itineraries comprising a combination of flights operated by Alitalia and Partner airlines, or only by Partner airlines.
4. The Award Ticket can be obtained (in accordance with the amounts stipulated in the Alitalia and Multicarrier tables) by using miles and a cash contribution (corresponding to the amount for airport taxes and the fuel surcharge) or also by using the miles to fully or partially cover the applicable amounts for airport taxes and the fuel surcharge.
5. The number of miles or the cash contribution required for taxes and surcharges vary depending on when the Award Ticket was issued, based on selected departure and destination airports and on the operating carrier, and are communicated when requesting the Award Ticket online at www.alitalia.com or through MilleMiglia Member Services
6. The Award Ticket allows baggage to be put in the hold, depending on the service class and the Member's Club.
7. On flights, seats for Award Tickets are subject to limited availability.
8. The Award Ticket can be requested on the website www.alitalia.com and through MilleMiglia Member Services. In the latter case, the flight can be booked, and it will be necessary to issue the Award Ticket within the time frame stipulated by the operator.
9. A maximum of 2 involuntary stops (transits) are permitted for each award ticket; voluntary stopovers are not permitted. In the event of a voluntary stopover, two separate award tickets must be issued.
10. It is possible to issue an award ticket with the outward journey in Economy and the return in Business or vice versa. For Alitalia flights, round trips can be combined in the three classes (Economy, Premium Economy, Business and Magnifica).
11. For each Award Ticket on Alitalia flights, one free departure flight is permitted for each trip, if it is included in the AZ0–AZ3 award areas, as specified in the Alitalia table.
12. It is permitted to request, via MilleMiglia Customer Service, award tickets that include open-jaw travel (itineraries with the possibility of landing at one airport and departing from another) only within the same award area. In the event of an open-jaw travel request in two different award areas, two separate award tickets must be issued.
13. The choice of seat on board is free.
14.In the case of Alitalia award tickets for travel itineraries in which Alitalia flights and Partner Airline flights are combined (Multicarrier award tickets), if the recipient of the ticket is not the holder of the MilleMiglia account, the choice of free seat on Alitalia flights can be made by contacting the number 0665645.
15. It is not allowed to combine the award ticket with the option Cash & Miles, or vice versa.
16. A period of blackout during the period of accession to Alitalia is not expected, though there may be periods of blackout by a partner, something that should be checked on alitalia.com.
17. Non-consent to the list of premiums.
18. For changes to award tickets, the following penalties are applied, as appropriate:
|Change of date and/or time||No penalty
|Change of itinerary and/or holder and/or class of service and/or carrier
||Penalty of 55 euros or 5,000 miles
b. After the departure of each travel director, in case of no show at the airport (NO SHOW)
|Change of date and/or time||Penalty of 55 euros or 5,000 miles|
|Change of itinerary and/or holder and/or class of service and/or carrier||Penalty of 110 euros or 10,000 miles|
|No show in the outward and willingness to fly only the return
||Penalty of 55 euros or 5,000 miles + mile integration for issuing a corresponding one-way ticket|
|No show on the way and willingness to fly the return with change of date and/or time and/or itinerary and/or holder and/or class of service and/or carrier||Penalty of 110 euros or 10,000 miles + mile integration for issuing a corresponding one-way ticket|
c. Partially used award ticket
|Change of itinerary and/or holder and/or class of service for the return flight (outbound flight) and/or carrier||Penalty of 55 euros or 5,000 miles + mile integration for issuing a corresponding one-way ticket
19. In the event of a change due to a change in itinerary/class/carrier/holder, it is possible to make the new booking by drawing on the miles available in the Member's account at the time of the request or, if they are not available, by waiting for the re-credit procedure of the ticket miles. to be replaced, which will take place within 48 hours following the request.
20. In the event of any change to the award ticket, due to a change of itinerary/class/carrier/holder, which involves a residual mileage, these will be lost and will in no case be reimbursed to the Member.
21.All changes required for an award ticket, whether at the time of booking or for tickets issued, require a new issue of the award ticket, subject to availability of award seats on the flight requested.
22. In the event that the beneficiary of the award ticket is different from the holder of the MilleMiglia account, a copy of the ticket will be sent to the email address in the profile of the Member holding the account, as well as to the address indicated by the beneficiary. 20. In the event that the beneficiary of the award ticket is different from the holder of the MilleMiglia account, a copy of the ticket will be sent to the email address in the profile of the Member holding the account, as well as to the address indicated by the beneficiary.
23. In the event that the award ticket is in the name of a beneficiary other than the account holder, the same must be in possession, at check-in, of the following documentation relating to the award ticket: travel title, personal document of identity, written proxy signed by the Member holding the account and a photocopy of the identity document and MilleMiglia card of the owner.
24. In the event of total or partial non-use of the award ticket for reasons attributable to Alitalia, a total or partial refund of the sum paid by credit card and the miles used will be provided.
For more information on the rules governing Award Tickets, please refer to the MilleMiglia Regulations (Art. 8).