PURCHASE EXTRA BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE ONLINE AND, IF YOU TRAVEL WITH A LIGHT FARE, SAVE UP TO 50% ON THE FEE CHARGED AT THE AIRPORT.
You can buy an extra baggage with a credit card during online check-in or in “My flights” section.
If you hold a Light fare Alitalia ticket, you will save up to 50% on the price charged at the airport.
In order to benefit from the discount, you must buy your extra baggage during online check-in.
To/from Cairo no discounts are applied for online purchases of extra baggage during online check-in.
The discount is also reserved for disabled passengers who contact Special Assistance the day before the flight departs.
For tickets bought with the Light Fare the checked baggage has the following cost:
- For national and international flights* the cost is of €20** per segment on Alitalia website during the web check in, call centers and qualified travel agencies and of €40 per segment for purchases through ticket offices and check-in at the airport.
- The following variations apply to the light fare only for flights from Italy to Paris and from Rome and Milan to Amsterdam:
- For hand baggage that exceeds the permitted weight or size, or for baggage to be put in the hold, a supplement of €25** per journey leg for the first bag is payable on the Alitalia website, through call centers and through authorized travel agencies, and €35** per journey leg for purchases made at airport ticket desks and check-in desks. For additional baggage to put in the hold, the standard baggage allowance applies
- The following variations apply to the light fare only for flights from Paris to Italy and from Amsterdam to Rome and Milan:
- For hand baggage that exceeds the permitted weight or size, or for baggage to be put in the hold, a supplement of €35** per journey leg for the first bag is payable for purchases at airport ticket desks, check-in desks. For additional baggage to put in the hold, the standard baggage allowance applies
- Paying excess luggage at Cairo Airport will be in Local Currency
*From Ancona to Rome and Milan Linate, from Brindisi to Rome and Linate, from Bologna to Rome, from Bari to Rome and Milan Linate, from Comiso to Milan Linate, from Catania to Rome, Milan Linate, Naples and Pisa, from Rome to Florence, Genoa, Milan Linate, Milan Malpensa, Perugia, Palermo, Pisa, Pescara, Reggio Calabria, Lamezia Terme, Turin, Trieste, Venice, Verona, from Milan Linate to Naples, Palermo, Pescara, Reggio Calabria, Lamezia Terme, Trieste, from Naples to Palermo, Turin, Trieste, from Reggio Calabria to Turin, from Lamezia Terme to Turin.
From Rome to Athens, Berlin, Barcelona, Dusseldorf, Madrid, Valencia, London Heathrow, London City, Istanbul, Varsavia, Bucharest, Tbilisi, Algiers, Cairo, Amsterdam, Paris and from Milan Linate to Dusseldorf, Berlin, Barcelona, London Heathrow, London City, Warsaw, Bucharest, Tbilisi, Amsterdam, Paris, from Milan Malpensa to Algiers, from Venice to Berlin.
**The price can vary based on the moment of purchase of the baggage service. if a passenger with Light fare purchases hold luggage at the airport, an additional charge may be applied depending on the departure airport (defined by the Airport Operator)
You are entitled to a refund of the extra baggage allowance fee if:
- The flight was not operated by Alitalia
- The original flight was canceled and you refused the new flight proposed by Alitalia
- The baggage for which you had previously purchased the extra allowance is lost and not found again within 45 days.
You are not entitled to a refund if:
- You decide to travel with less baggage than the allowance you have purchased
ARE YOU AN EXCLUSIVE CLUB MEMBER?
Discover all the advantages of size, weight and quantity of baggage allowed on the special page of the club you belong to.
Always remember to give your MilleMiglia code during the booking stage or enter it during online check-in.
- At check-in, all additional baggage purchased previously must be used in combination with the ticket purchased for the excess baggage. If you wish to modify your flight, and if the tariff conditions for your ticket allow such modifications, your additional baggage allowance purchased previously shall remain valid in combination with the modified ticket. All additional baggage allowance purchased previously is personal and non-transferable
- Additional baggage allowance purchased previously is valid for a single leg (outbound or return) toward the stopover airport or the final destination, and exclusively on flights operated by Alitalia
- Additional baggage allowance purchased previously cannot be used to transport pets and/or sports equipment
- Alitalia's Conditions of Carriage are an integral part of these conditions
- The maximum size and weight of your additional baggage allowance permitted for your route are described in the Conditions of Carriage
- You must ensure that all information supplied when booking and purchasing of the extra baggage allowance is complete.
Departing from the following airports it's not possible to buy an extra bag with discount online:
- Abu Dhabi
- Gran Canaria
- Palma de Mallorca
- Paris Charles De Gaulle
- Paris Orly