The safety of everyone, passengers and staff, has always been our number one priority. We want the travel experience to be as comfortable and safe as possible, both on the ground and on board, and for this reason, we have implemented safety solutions in coordination with the Health Authorities.
Following the Lazio Region Ordinance number Z00058 of 11 September 2020, in collaboration with Aeroporti di Roma, for one month from 16 September, 2 out of the 7 Alitalia operated flights from Rome Fiumicino - Milan Linate will only carry passengers who have tested negative for Covid-19, who have undergone a free rapid antigen test before boarding or present a medical certificate with a negative molecular (RT-PCR) or antigen test result carried out within 72 hours before boarding. See all details
IN THE AIRPORT
In order to comply with the provisions of the Local Health Authorities, in some airports, your body temperature may be measured before departure and, if the temperature recorded is higher than that established by law (for Italy higher than 37.5 ° C) you may be prohibited from departing or require specific medical certification.
Temperature is also measured at the final destination airport in Italy and can also take place via thermal scanners. Therefore, it is necessary that and headgear is not worn during boarding, as this may prevent the detection of body temperature.
To maintain social distancing, we invite you, where possible, to carry out the web check-in or to use, where present, the fast check-in kiosks at the airport. During all operations carried out at the airport (check-in, transit, boarding, disembarkment, baggage claim, security checks, etc.) it is necessary to maintain a safe distance of at least one metre. It is also recommended that you wear a protective mask from the moment you arrive at the airport.
Airport areas are cleaned and sanitized several times a day:
- By the airport authorities, for common areas;
- By the airline, for dedicated areas.
To guarantee social distancing, boarding operations will be carried out in groups of rows starting from the rear of the aircraft. Therefore, priority boarding reserved for SkyPriority customers has been temporarily suspended. Furthermore, where possible, boarding will be carried out via the jet-bridge; if a shuttle is used, we have a limit on the maximum number of passengers. In either case you will always have to wear a mask and keep an interpersonal distance of one meter.
In order to ensure the highest possible level of safety, all Casa Alitalia lounges are temporarily closed. For those entitled to lounge access at Rome Fiumicino and New York, it will be possible to collect a voucher at check-in to be used at selected food outlets.
From 15 June, it is mandatory to complete the self-certification form, before boarding, which certifies that you have not had contact with people diagnosed with COVID-19.
Self-certification is digital and can be completed during your online check-in. You can find all the info here.
If you can't check in online, you can always complete self-certification on paper, there are different forms depending on the boarding point:
- for flights departing from Italy, download the form here
for flights arriving in Italy there are two forms:
- passengers from EU / Schengen countries can download the form to fill out here; Passengers returning from Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia, Greece, Malta and Spain must also complete a further form that can be downloaded here
- passengers from non-Schengen / EU countries, even if in transit in a Schengen / EU state, must also complete the self-declaration form for reentry to Italy which can be downloaded here
We remind you that it is necessary to complete the self-certification for each passenger and each leg of the journey.
In order to speed up check-in and boarding processes, we recommend arriving at the airport with the forms already printed and completed.
Failure to complete all the required field of the form or the presence of non-compliant declarations will result in a boarding ban.
All of our aircrafts are sanitised with high-powered sanitising products every day and, thanks to HEPA filters and vertical circulation, the air on board is not only renewed every three minutes, but it is also 99.7% pure, just like in a sterile medical room.
In addition, in accordance with the current provisions of the National Health Authorities, we have taken several steps to minimize contact between passengers as much as possible. In particular:
- It is mandatory to always wear a protective surgical face mask;
- During the flight, it is necessary to replace your protective mask with a new one every 4 hours; please bring an adequate number of protective masks according to the duration of your flight;
- Passengers may bring on board only one piece of hand baggage not larger than the maximum allowed size; personal belongings of smaller size (such as handbags, backpacks, laptop computers) must be placed under the seat. The use of overhead bins to store pieces of clothing (such as jackets, pullover etc) is forbidden and such items must be packed in the hand baggage before boarding. We also remind passengers, that in compliance with safety standards, in the event of flights with a high load factor, their hand baggage may be collected at the boarding gate to be put in the hold;
- The on-board service has been reduced to minimize the flight crew passing through and stopping in the cabin; food and drink will be dispensed in a way that allows the highest hygiene standards to be maintained, in sealed single portions. You will still be guaranteed the possibility to request certain types of special meals;
- The stages of boarding and disembarking from the aircraft must take place in an orderly manner, with a proper queue. Please carefully follow the instructions of our cabin crew.