The safety of everyone, passengers and staff, has always been our priority.
We want the travel experience to be as comfortable and safe as possible, both on the ground and on board. For this reason, we are in constant coordination with the health authorities and have implemented some safety measures.
AT THE AIRPORT
At some airports, in order to comply with the provisions of the local health authorities, body temperature may be measured prior to departure. If there is a value higher than that established by the regulations (usually 37.5° C), you may be prohibited from departing or requested to provide a specific medical certificate.
You may also have your temperature taken at the final destination in Italy and might be carried out using a thermoscanner.
To help maintain social distancing, we invite you, where possible, to check in online or to use, if available, the fast check-in kiosks at the airport. During all operations carried out at the airport (check-in, transit, boarding, disembarking, baggage collection, security checks, etc.) it is necessary to always maintain the safe distance of at least one meter. It is also recommended to wear a protective mask from the time you arrive at the airport.
Airport areas are cleaned and sanitized several times a day:
- By the airport authorities, for common areas;
- By the airline, for dedicated areas.
Boarding will be carried out, where possible, using a jet-bridge; if a shuttle is used, we have a limit on the maximum number of passengers. In either case you will always have to wear a mask and keep an interpersonal distance of one meter.
In order to ensure the highest possible level of safety, all Casa Alitalia lounges are temporarily closed. For those entitled to lounge access at Rome Fiumicino and New York, it will be possible to collect a voucher at check-in to be used at selected food outlets.
Please note that for all flights entering Italy, at the time of boarding and passport control for arrivals you must submit two copies of a completed self-certification document. Download here the scheduled form for Alitalia flights.
Failure to complete all the required fields in the form or the presence of non-compliant declarations may mean that you are not permitted to fly.
All of our aircraft are sanitized with high-powered sanitizing products every day and, thanks to HEPA filters and vertical circulation, the air on board is 99.7% pure, just like in a sterile medical room.
In addition, in accordance with the current provisions of the National Health Authorities, we have taken several steps to minimize contact between passengers as much as possible. In particular:
- An interpersonal distance of at least one meter is guaranteed on all flights in accordance with current provisions;
- It is mandatory to wear a protective mask; if you do not have one, we will provide you with a free one made available by the Italian Civil Protection Department;
- The on-board service has been reduced to minimize the flight crew passing through and stopping in the cabin; food and drink will be dispensed in a way that allows the highest hygiene standards to be maintained, in sealed single portions. You will still be guaranteed the possibility to request certain types of special meals;
- The stages of boarding and disembarking from the aircraft must take place in an orderly manner, with a proper queue, maintaining an interpersonal distance of one meter. Please carefully follow the instructions of our cabin crew.