The following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") apply to the TravelPass.
Art. 1 — DEFINITIONS
- "Optiontown" refers to Optiontown, Inc., a Massachusetts Corporation with registered address at 1416 Boston Providence TPKE, Suite 227, Norwood MA 02062, USA, Tax ID Number 001186812.
- "Optiontown" refers to the name of the web platform manager, through which the TravelPass can be purchased on www.alitalia.com in the dedicated "TravelPass" section.
- "TravelPass" refers to the package of prepaid vouchers to use for the subsequent issue of a number of single-leg tickets equal to the number of fligths selected when buying the package. It is available for purchase on www.alitalia.com through the technological platform managed by Optiontown.
- The "Purchaser" is the party purchasing the TravelPass.
- "Passenger" refers to one or more people who can use the tickets.
- "Journey" refers to the single leg for which a voucher is used for the subsequent issue of a ticket.
- "Voucher" refers to the voucher used for the subsequent issue of a ticket.
- "Ticket" refers to the air ticket, usable on a single leg, for flights to a preselected destination or Travel Zone. The dates, times and flight number for these can be confirmed after buying the Voucher, based on the features of the TravelPass purchased.
- "Flights" refers to flights operated directly by Alitalia and Alitalia CityLiner aircraft. Flights under the territorial continuity system, seasonal routes and code-share flights are excluded.
- "Travel period" refers to the period within which each individual ticket can be used, subject to compliance with the options selected when buying the TravelPass.
- "Destination" refers to the flight's departure and/or arrival city within Alitalia's domestic or international network (cities in Alitalia's intercontinental network are excluded).
- "Travel Zone" refers to all destinations that can be flown to using TravelPass tickets. A travel zone can include one or more countries in Alitalia's network. Intercontinental destinations are excluded.
- "Travel class" refers to the class on board the flight that applies to the journey being taken: Economy or Business.
- "Booking period" refers to the minimum number of days before the flight during which tickets can be issued.
- "Booking class" refers to the booking class and varies based on availability of seats on board.
- “Freedom Option” is the option allowing, up to 4 hours* before the flight departure, to:
- issue a ticket
- add passenger names up to the maximum number allowed (with the exclusion of the first name which will have to be entered during the TravelPass purchase phase)
- change date and time of flight
* up to 1 hour prior to flight departure for Business class for the Rome-Milan travel zone.
Art. 2 — DESCRIPTION OF THE TRAVELPASS
2.1 The TravelPass is the package of prepaid vouchers to use for the subsequent issue of single-leg tickets, for travel to selected destinations, at all times of the year, at fares chosen at the time of purchase, subject to availability of seats on board.
2.2 Purchasers can personalize the package by choosing:
- A single Destination or a Travel zone
- Travel class: Economy or Business
- Passengers: Up to 24 (the maximum number of passengers that can be selected for a single TravelPass is equal to the number of chosen flights, except for the packages composed by 6 and 8 flights because in these cases the number of passengers can be between 1 and 2 persons)
- Number of flights: From 6 to 24
- Travel period: Up to a maximum of 12 months from buying the TravelPass
- Advance booking : From 90 days up until 4 hours* before the departing flight
- Freedom Option. Selecting the booking period of 4 hours** before the flight
For each parameter, the customer will have different options available which will determine the price of the TravelPass.
* up to 1 hour prior to flight departure if you have purchased the Freedom Option in Business class for the Rome-Milan travel zone.
** up to 1 hour prior to flight departure for Business class for the Rome-Milan travel zone.
Art. 3 – SALES CHANNELS
3.1 Purchase and use of TravelPass can be made at www.alitalia.com in the dedicated "TravelPass" section.
Art. 4 – PURCHASE AND CONDITIONS
4.1 Purchasers must go to www.alitalia.com, go to the dedicated "TravelPass" section and select "Buy TravelPass". When redirected to the platform, purchasers must select the features for their TravelPass.
4.2 Tickets can be issued only for flights operated by Alitalia and Alitalia CityLiner aircraft; code-share flights are excluded.
4.3 Flights under the territorial continuity system and seasonal routes are excluded.
4.4 Each ticket issued can be used on only one leg. When buying the TravelPass, the name of at least one passenger who can then use the tickets must be entered via the platform. Names of other passengers must be entered within 24 hours of buying the TravelPass, again by logging into the platform using the "Username" and "Password", up until the maximum time limit selected at the time of purchase is reached. Only if you have purchased the "Freedom Option" you can enter the names after the first, up to 4 hours* before the departure of the flight. The names and dates of birth of passengers entered in the system cannot be changed under any circumstances.
4.5 Once you have purchased TravelPass, it is not possible to change the settings selected during the purchasing process: Destination or Travel Zone, Travel Class, Number of Trips, Period of Trip, Booking Period and Black-out Dates.
4.6 The TravelPass price includes the fare, including taxes and supplements, of the tickets that will then be issued.
4.7 The TravelPass must be paid for in one payment at the time of purchase.
4.8 The TravelPass price is variable and relates to the time when the package is purchased.
4.9 The entire TravelPass and/or the individual vouchers of the package purchased cannot be canceled or refunded.
4.10 Each ticket allows the passenger to carry the baggage allowance for the preselected travel class:
- For Economy class, one item of hand baggage weighing no more than 8 kg and one item of hold baggage weighing up to 23 kg are permitted. All items are subject to the Alitalia baggage size restrictions, which can be found on www.alitalia.com
- For Business class, one item of hand baggage weighing no more than 8 kg and two items of hold baggage weighing up to 32 kg are permitted. All items are subject to the Alitalia baggage size restrictions, which can be found on www.alitalia.com
4.11 Access to Lounges, Fast Track and Priority Boarding, where they exist, are included in the Business travel class.
4.12 Tickets can be used by children under 15 years old only if they are accompanied by an adult. The "Unaccompanied Minors" procedure is not permitted.
4.13 The TravelPass price does not include reductions for children under 15 years old.
4.14 Alitalia SAI declines any responsibility for damage or losses associated with misdirected or incomplete logins caused by computer malfunctions, viruses, bugs or other causes. Alitalia is not in any way responsible for reproduction or indirect access via third-party websites or if the website misinterprets or omits any information from the Terms and Conditions regarding the TravelPass.
4.15 Alitalia reserves the right to amend these TravelPass Terms and Conditions at any time.
*up to 1 hour prior to flight departure for Business class for the Rome-Milan travel zone.
Art. 5 – USING THE TRAVELPASS TO ISSUE TICKETS
5.1 To issue tickets, purchasers must go to www.alitalia.com, go to the dedicated "TravelPass" section and select "Book Flight". When redirected to the platform, they must log into the platform with their "Username" and "Password", select "Book flight", select the TravelPass purchased, select the flight, date and departure time, select the passenger receiving the ticket and then issue the ticket.
5.2 Tickets must be issued and used within the period defined by the "Travel period", unless the buyer has also purchased the "Freedom Option", in which case the ticket can be issued up to 4 hours* before the departure of the flight.
5.3 Alitalia MilleMiglia Program Miles will be credited, in accordance with the MilleMiglia Regulations, based on the lowest "Booking class" available at the time of the ticket issue. Purchases made with Alitalia American Express credit cards do not entitle to the accumulation of qualifying miles.
5.4 For the Alitalia BusinessConnect program, miles will be credited based on the amount spent by the company.
5.5 For those who have purchased the "Freedom Option", change of date and time of the booked flight are permitted, up to 4 hours before flight departure. at no extra cost (changes possible only on the web platform and subject to availability and the rules of the TravelPass). For other passengers it is possible to change the date and time of the flight booked prior to the departure of the flight, within the selected booking period and with a supplementary charge for amending the booking of € 65.00 (changing your ticket is only possible online and is subject to availability).
5.6 Tickets issued cannot be canceled or refunded except for airport taxes
5.7 None of the TravelPass Economy Class fares includes free seat selection.
For further details, please read Additional services “seat selection” to the page created for the description of the service. If you do not purchase your preferred seat, the system will assign one free of charge during check-in, based on availability and operational and safety criteria.
5.8 Any ancillary services can be purchased directly via the Alitalia website during check-in or, if directly available, at the airport.
* up to 1 hour prior to flight departure for Business class for the Rome-Milan travel zone.
ART. 6 — APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
6.1 The TravelPass Terms and Conditions will be regulated and interpreted in accordance with Italian law. Alitalia SAI and all passengers accept the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Italian courts to resolve any disputes that may arise between them.