Stopover in Rome, discover the eternal city.
Taking a long flight, landing at the Rome airport, just a few kilometers away from the Eternal City and not visit? It’s a real pity!
If you happen to travel through Rome and continue your journey to one of the destinations of the Alitalia network, take advantage of the new Stopover offer: at no additonal charge on your airfare you can enjoy a 3-night stopover in Rome for flights up to 31 December 2018.
Moreover, thanks to the partnership with Aeroporti di Roma and Federalberghi you will be able to leave your baggage at the airport at no additional cost and pamper yourself with the services of our partner hotels (¹).
Experience Rome like the locals!
Start with a walk in Rome’s world-renowned and unique setting: start from the Colosseum, through the Imperial Fora to arrive in Venice square with its Monument of the Vittoriano. If you love shopping, Via del Corso is a must-see. If you are more interested in history and art don’t miss the Trevi Fountain and take a selfie at the Spanish Steps, the world’s most famous stairway, Trinità dei Monti. Have you ever visited the Vatican, the smallest state of the world? It is the heart of Christianity with its Basilica of Saint Peter’s, enclosed by the monumental Bernini’s colonnades, representing a perfect unequalled union of spirituality and art (Raphael, Michelangelo, Brunelleschi, Bramante, only to quote a few of the artists who contributed to the Basilica).
After the long walk surely you will be hungry: all you need to do is go to Trastevere, heart of the Roman nightlife; wander its alleys searching for old-time flavours and be delighted by the local traditional dishes in one of the many ‘osterie’ (taverns) which offer many local specialties, such as pajata, spaghetti carbonara, fried artichokes, roast lamb, suppli (fried rice balls) and many types of pizza. And if you have any energy left, end the day in Testaccio, where you can go wild in one of the hip nightclubs.
So, are you game? It was not hard to convice you! Here is how you can take advantage of this opportunity!
It’s very easy:
1) Verify if your flight is eligible for Stopover
ORIGIN OF TRAVEL
|Algeria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Malta, Montenegro, Serbia, Ukraine
||worldwide (Italy, USA, Canada and Mexico excluded)|
|India, South Africa, Kenya||India, Korea, Japan, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, South Africa, Kenya|
||worldwide (Italy excluded)
2) Contact the Call Center to book the offer for the flight with Stopover
3) If you wish, book your room through the weblink sent to you by our Customer Center operator, directly on the partner hotel website (¹). Thanks to the cooperation with Federalberghi, the room will be offered to you at a special price, subject to availability and conditions described on the hotel website
4) Print and bring the Alitalia ticket along with two copies of the email sent to you by the Alitalia Customer Center. The emails need to be shown at the hotel and to the Aeroporti di Roma baggage deposit, if you wish to use these services.
5) If you wish, you can leave your baggage at the Rome Fiumicino airport for up to 72 hours at no additional cost, so you can visit the city freely. This service is offered by Aeroporti di Roma.
What are you waiting for? Make your next transit in Rome a time to remember.
It’s written as stopover but pronounced as Rome.
(1) The hotel and baggage deposit services are offered respectively by the partner hotels and Aeroporti di Roma based on the conditions of the contracts between these companies and the passenger. Alitalia takes no responsibility in connection with the availability of said services and their fulfillment.
1) How much does the Stopover offer cost?
✓ For the destinations shown in the offer, the stopover in Rome up to three nights adds no additional cost to the flight ticket.
2) How can I book the ticket with Stop Over?
✓ Contact the Alitalia Call Center at the numbers shown here
3) How can I book the hotel?
✓ When you book your ticket with Stopover, the Alitalia Customer Cernter will send you an email with a link to a landing page listing the available partner hotels. From this page you will be able to choose your preferred hotel and book at a discounted price and at the conditions described on the respective hotel website.
4) How many nights can I stay in Rome with the Stopover?
✓ Up to a maximum of 3 nights/4 days
5) Where can I leave my baggage in deposit at the Rome Fiumicino airport?
✓ At the arrival area of Terminal 3. For Alitalia clients with a Stopover ticket, deposit is free of charge up to 72 hours. For further information click here
6) Is there a shuttle bus service from the airport to the chosen partner hotel?
✓ For further details, please contact the hotel
7) Is there a transport service from the chosen partner hotel to the center of Rome?
✓ For further details, please contact the hotel
8) Can I book a one-way only Stopover?
✓ No. The Stopover can be booked exclusively for round-trip flighs
9) I have booked a codeshare flight with a Partner airline. Can I book the Stopover?
✓ No, the Stopover is only valid for Alitalia flights operated by Alitalia
10) I have a transit in an airport different from Rome Fiumicino. Can I benefit from the Stopover?
✓ No, the Stopover is dedicated to travel with transit through Rome Fiumicino airport
11) Can I purchase the Stopover at a travel agent?
✓ Yes, you can contact your travel agent
12) Is the offer valid for all types of passenger?
✓ Yes, up to a maximum of 9 on the same reservation
13) Until when is the Stopover offer valid?
✓ For flights with itinerary completed by 31 December 2018