YOU ARE ALLOWED ONE ITEM OF HAND BAGGAGE WEIGHING NO MORE THAN 8 KG AND MEASURING NO MORE THAN:
- 55 cm HIGH
- 35 cm WIDE
- 25 cm DEEP
SIZE AND WEIGHT
The hand baggage you bring on board with you may weigh no more than 8 kg and measure no more than 55 cm in height, 35 cm in width and 25 cm in depth including handles, side pockets and wheels.
Alitalia also lets you bring an accessory of your choice from the following:
- Laptop computer
Before proceeding to the boarding gate, check the size and weight of your hand baggage with Alitalia ground personnel or by placing it in one of the baggage measurers near the check-in desk. The hand baggage of passengers who fail to perform this check may not be accepted on board.
Stopover staff will stick the new "Under the seat" label to small bags (not exceeding 36 cm of height, 45 cm of width and 20 cm of depth) on all AZ flights operated with narrow-body aircraft departing from domestic stopovers to any destination, excluding those operated with ATR72 and Saab 2000 aircraft.
Notice regarding hoverboards: Please note that in the interest of safety for our guest and employees, Small Vehicles Powered by Lithium Batteries, such as Airwheel, solowheel, hoverboard, minisegway, balance wheel Are not accepted as checked or carry-on baggage
In order to ensure greater comfort on board and in compliance with safety standards, in the event of flights with a high load factor, your hand baggage may be collected at the boarding gate to be put in the hold. The airport staff will tag the baggage selected and issue the passenger with the receipt for baggage reclaim. This procedure is not followed for intercontinental flights.
ITEMS PROHIBITED IN THE CABIN
Items considered dangerous for flight security are not permitted in the cabin, such as: scissors, pencil sharpeners, pocket knives, and agricultural, scientific, sports and industrial (or similar) tools, as well as replica firearms. The use of electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), electronic cigars and electronic pipes is prohibited in the cabin. Lighters may only be brought on board on your person. Samsung Galaxy Note 7 mobile devices are banned from all the Alitalia’s flights for safety reasons.
LIST OF PROHIBITED ARTICLES IN YOUR CABIN BAGGAGE:
a. guns, firearms and other devices that discharge projectiles (devices capable, or appearing capable, of being used to cause serious injury by discharging a projectile), including:
- firearms of all types, such as pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns,
- toy guns, replicas and imitation firearms capable of being mistaken for real weapons,
- component parts of firearms, excluding telescopic sights,
- compressed air and CO2 guns, such as pistols, pellet guns, rifles and ball bearing guns,
- signal flare pistols and starter pistols,
- bows, cross bows and arrows,
- harpoon guns and spear guns,
- slingshots and catapults;
b. stunning devices (devices designed specifically to stun or immobilise), including:
- devices for shocking, such as stun guns, tasers and stun batons,
- animal stunners and animal killers,
- disabling and incapacitating chemicals, gases and sprays, such as mace, pepper sprays, capsicum sprays, tear gas, acid sprays and animal repellent sprays;
c. objects with a sharp point or sharp edge (objects with a sharp point or sharp edge capable of being used to cause serious injury), including:
- items designed for chopping, such as axes, hatchets and cleavers
- ice axes and ice picks,
- razor blades,
- box cutters,
- knives with blades of more than 6 cm,
- scissors with blades of more than 6 cm as measured from the fulcrum,
- martial arts equipment with a sharp point or sharp edge,
- swords and sabres;
d. workmen’s tools (tools capable of being used either to cause serious injury or to threaten the safety of aircraft), including:
- drills and drill bits, including cordless portable power drills,
- tools with a blade or a shaft of more than 6 cm capable of use as a weapon, such as screwdrivers and chisels,
- saws, including cordless portable power saws,
- bolt guns and nail guns;
e. blunt instruments (objects capable of being used to cause serious injury when used to hit), including:
- baseball and softball bats,
- clubs and batons, such as billy clubs, blackjacks and night sticks,
- martial arts equipment;
f. explosives and incendiary substances and devices (explosives and incendiary substances and devices capable, or appearing capable, of being used to cause serious injury or to pose a threat to the safety of aircraft), including:
- blasting caps,
- detonators and fuses,
- replica or imitation explosive devices,
- mines, grenades and other explosive military stores,
- fireworks and other pyrotechnics,
- smoke-generating canisters and smoke-generating cartridges,
- dynamite, gunpowder and plastic explosives.
The European Union and the ENAC have adopted security measures that restrict the amount of liquid substances transported in your hand baggage beyond the airport security gates and on board.
These measures apply to all passengers departing to any destination from airports within the European Union in addition to Norway, Iceland and Switzerland.
The following are considered liquids: gels, pastes (e.g. toothpaste), lotions, mixes of solid/liquid substances, contents of pressurized containers (e.g. shaving foam), hair gel, drinks, soups, jams, syrups, perfumes, shaving foam, aerosols and other products with a similar consistency.
SUBSTANCES CLASSED AS LIQUID
As of January 31, 2014, new rules have come into force regarding the transport of liquids that can be brought on board.
WHAT YOU MAY CARRY
- Carry a small amount of liquid inside your hand baggage in containers no larger than 100 ml or equivalent (100 g). The containers must be put into sealable transparent plastic bags with a capacity not exceeding 1 l or approximately 18 x 20 cm in size. Each passenger may carry on only one such plastic bag
- Carry medicine and foodstuffs for special diets, including baby food; you may be asked to prove their authenticity and your need for these items
- Carry liquids purchased at the duty free of any airport or airline. The duty-free liquid and receipt must be sealed at the time of purchase in a security bag that must not be opened until the final destination.
- If you have a connecting flight at another airport, inform the security staff so that the liquids can be resealed in a new security bag
All other liquids, aerosols and gels must be put in hold baggage.
For more information, we suggest you to visit the website of the airport you are departing from.
Animal derived foodstuffs (meat, milk or products based on meat or milk) can be carriers of pathogens responsible for infectious diseases in animals.
There are strict veterinary procedures and controls governing the introduction of these products into the EU. Travelers must present such products for official checks.
More information is available from local health authorities.
Travelers with small amounts of these items for personal use are excluded if traveling from: Andorra, Faroe Islands, Greenland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino or Switzerland.
BAGGAGE ON FLIGHTS OPERATED BY OTHER PARTNER COMPANIES
For code share flights, please visit the website of the Partner Company operating the flight.
CODE SHARE FLIGHTS
For code share flights, the baggage policy of the Partner Carrier operating the flight applies throughout the travel itinerary if entirely operated by the Partner.
For more information on the baggage policy for connecting flights operated by different carriers, please contact the Customer Center.
The baggage policy of the marketing company, whose code is shown on the ticket, applies to all flights to/from the United States.
See the rules of our Partner Carriers:
SkyTeam Partners - Aeroflot, Aerolíneas Argentinas, Aeromexico, Air Europa, Air France, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, CSA Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Garuda Indonesia, Kenya Airways, KLM, Korean Air, MEA, Saudia, Tarom, Vietnam Airlines, Xiamen Air
Other Partners - Air Baltic, Airberlin, Air Corsica, Air Serbia, Azal, Bulgaria Air, Croatia Airlines, Cyprus Airways, Etihad Regional, Etihad Airways, Flybe, GOL, Jet Airways, Kuwait Airlines, Luxair, Montenegro Airlines, SriLankan, Tap, Tarom