USA and other destinations



In compliance with the Secure Flight Program*, promoted by the TSA (Transportation Security Administration), passengers traveling from/to or through the USA or flying over American airspace to reach other countries (e.g. Canada, Cuba and Mexico), when booking/issuing the ticket or, in any case, no later than 72 hours before departure, must provide the following personal data:


  • first name and surname (as stated in passport)
  • date of birth
  • sex


Passengers who fail to provide these details will not be allowed to travel.

Please provide, modify or update personal details online, or contact the Customer Center or alternatively contact the Customer Center, or ask your travel agency to include them when booking.

Passengers in possession of a Redress Number identification number should also communicate this information to the Call Center.


The ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) is an advance authorization for travel to/from or in transit in the United States that you should request for any stay of no more than 90 days, if you have already purchased a return ticket and if your country of nationality or birth is part of the Visa Waiver Program. In this case, you can travel without a visa, provided that your passport is:


  • machine readable issued or renewed before 10/26/05
  • with a digital photo issued or renewed between 10/26/05 and 10/25/06
  • electronically issued or renewed starting from 10/26/066


Each passenger, including children and infants, must have an individual passport.
Without this authorization, the US authorities will not allow you to board the flight.

Please complete the ESTA procedure online. There is a payment fee of USD 14, payable by credit card.



Updated on 6 February 2017 following the Executive Order signed by the President of the United States of American on 27 January 2017, for citizens of the following countries: Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Yemen and Libya.  Find out more


Citizens of countries that do not belong to the Visa Waiver Program or who are traveling to the USA for a period longer than 90 days must apply for a regular tourist visa at the American Embassy or Consulate.


Upon arrival in the United States, passengers must undergo a procedure that involves the collection of personal data by filing fingerprints or photographs at the immigration desk.

Check the eligibility of your documents by contacting the American consulate or visit the website of the U.S. EMBASSY



Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), mandatory from 15 March 2016, is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals flying to or in transit through Canada. An exception is made for US citizens and travelers with a valid visa. The entry requirements for other travel arrangements (land or sea) have not changed.       
The eTA authorization is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for a period of five years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first.      

Applying for an eTA is a simple and inexpensive online process (it only costs CAD 7) that takes just a few minutes. Most applicants get their authorization within a few minutes of submitting the online form.       

You must have a valid passport, email address and credit card to complete the online form. You can only apply for one person at a time. For example, for a family of three, you will need to fill out and submit the form three times.


Apply online for an eTA (


For travel from non-EU countries to Italy, PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL DATA ONLINE

*Developed by the Transport Security Administration (TSA), the authority charged with security in the United States.