1. The standard award ticket ("Award Ticket") can be requested for Economy class or Business class and must be used within 12 months of the date that it was first issued. The miles used to issue a ticket are non-refundable, unless the Standard Award Ticket is not used, either in full or in part, due to causes that are attributable to Alitalia or its Partner airlines.
2. The Award Ticket can be a round-trip ticket or a one-way ticket, and can be requested for Alitalia flights and for flights with Partners of the MilleMiglia Program, based on the specific tables (Alitalia and Multicarrier) [link], which are both available on the website www.alitalia.com.
3. The Multicarrier table is applied in all cases where an Award Ticket is requested for travel itineraries comprising a combination of flights operated by Alitalia and Partner airlines, or only by Partner airlines.
4. The Award Ticket can be obtained (in accordance with the amounts stipulated in the Alitalia and Multicarrier tables) by using miles and a cash contribution (corresponding to the amount for airport taxes and the fuel surcharge) or also by using the miles to fully or partially cover the applicable amounts for airport taxes and the fuel surcharge.
5. The number of miles or the cash contribution required for taxes and surcharges vary depending on when the Award Ticket was issued, based on selected departure and destination airports and on the operating carrier, and are communicated when requesting the Award Ticket online at www.alitalia.com or through MilleMiglia Member Services
6. The Award Ticket allows baggage to be put in the hold, depending on the service class and the Member's Club.
7. On flights, seats for Award Tickets are subject to limited availability.
8. The Award Ticket can be requested on the website www.alitalia.com and through MilleMiglia Member Services. In the latter case, the flight can be booked, and it will be necessary to issue the Award Ticket within the time frame stipulated by the operator.
9. Each Award Ticket can include up to two non-requested stops (transits). Requested stops (stopovers) are not permitted. In the event of a stopover, two separate Award Tickets must be issued.
10. Standard Award Tickets can be issued with the departure flight in Economy and the return one in Business class, or vice versa.
11. For each Award Ticket on Alitalia flights, one free departure flight is permitted for each trip, if it is included in the AZ0–AZ3 award areas, as specified in the Alitalia table.
12. Customers can request Award Tickets that include open-jaw trips (itineraries with the option to fly into one airport and subsequently depart from another airport) through MilleMiglia Member Services, but only if they are within the same award area. In the event of a request for an open-jaw trip that is within two different award areas, two separate Award Tickets must be issued.
13. Combining an Award Ticket with Cash & Miles, or vice versa, is not permitted.
14. There are no black-out periods for using Award Tickets on Alitalia flights, but black-out periods may be scheduled for Partner flights. This can be checked on the website www.alitalia.com.
15. Waiting lists are not permitted for Award Tickets.
16. For changes to Award Tickets issued from August 1, 2016 onward, the following fees are applied, depending on the case:
a. Before the departure of each flight
|Change of date and/or time
|Change of itinerary and/or passenger name and/or service class and/or carrier
||A fee of EUR 55 or 5,000 miles
b. After the departure of each flight, in the event of a no-show at the airport
|Change of date and/or time||A fee of EUR 55 or 5,000 miles|
|Change of itinerary and/or passenger name and/or service class and/or carrier||
A fee of EUR 110 or 10,000 miles
No-show for outbound journey, wish to take the return flight only
|A fee of EUR 55 or 5,000 miles + integration in miles for the issuance of a corresponding one-way ticket
|No-show for outbound journey, wish to take the return flight only with a change of the date and/or time and/or itinerary and/or passenger name and/or service class and/or carrier
||A fee of EUR 110 or 10,000 miles + integration in miles for the issuance of a corresponding one-way ticket s and/or carrier
c. Partially-used Award Ticket
Change of itinerary and/or passenger name and/or service class for the return flight (when the outbound flight has already taken place) and/or carrier
A fee of EUR 55 or 5,000 miles + integration in miles for the issuance of a corresponding one-way ticket
17. In the event of a modification to change the itinerary/class/carrier/passenger name, the new booking can be made by using the miles available in the Member's account at the time of the request or, if miles are not available, by waiting for the refund of the miles of the ticket to be replaced, which will take place within 48 hours from the request.
18. In the event of a modification to the Award Ticket to change the itinerary/class/carrier/passenger name that results in residual miles, these residual miles will be lost, and will not be refunded to the Member under any circumstances.
19. All requested changes to an Award Ticket, whether during the booking stage or for tickets that have already been issued, require a new Award Ticket to be booked or issued, subject to seats availability on the flight requested.
20. The Award Ticket issuance service is available at airports from which flights operated by Alitalia depart. Some airports may require ticketing fees to be paid for the issuance of an Award Ticket. These fees vary based on the departure city and the destination.
21. In the event that the beneficiary of the Award Ticket is not the holder of the MilleMiglia account, when the Award Ticket is issued, a copy of the travel document will be sent to the email address given in the account holder's profile, as well as to the address indicated by the beneficiary. If no email address is available in the Member's account profile, it will not be possible to issue Award Tickets to beneficiaries other than the account holder.
22. In the event that the Award Ticket is issued to a beneficiary other than the accountholder, the beneficiary must present the following documentation for the Award Ticket at check-in: travel document, personal identification document, a written proxy signed by the account holder and a photocopy of the account holder's identification document and MilleMiglia Card.
23. In the event that the Award Ticket is not used, either in full or in part, due to causes that are attributable to Alitalia, a full or partial refund of the amount paid with the credit card will be given, along with the miles used.
For more information on the rules governing Award Tickets, please refer to the MilleMiglia Regulations (Art. 8).