ON-BOARD UPGRADE WITH MILES
Use the miles you've earned to treat yourself to a more comfortable and relaxing journey in Premium Economy, Business Class and Magnifica. And now you can choose to use your miles to travel more comfortably even on domestic flights connecting Rome and Milan Linate.
From February 1 until June 30, 2020 take advantage of the special promotion for Freccia Alata and Freccia Alata Plus members and use your miles request a class upgrade once you are on board Alitalia flights for you and your companions.
You can request a class upgrade:
- From Economy to Business, on national flights Rome - Milan Linate, Milan Malpensa and Bergamo
- From Economy to Premium Economy, on long-haul international flights
- From Economy to Business Class, on medium-haul international flights to Europe, North Africa and Middle East
- From Economy to Magnifica, on long-haul international flights
- From Premium Economy to Magnifica, on long-haul international flights
On-board upgrades with miles on Rome - Milan Linate, Milan Malpensa and Bergamo (and viceversa) and on medium-haul international flights are available only if the on-board tablet is present, as the tablet is needed to finalize the procedure.
Below are the miles necessary to request an on-board upgrade (the miles are per person and per single flight):
|FROM ECONOMY TO BUSINESS CLASS / MAGNIFICA
FROM ECONOMY TO PREMIUM ECONOMY
FROM PREMIUM ECONOMY TO MAGNIFICA
|AZ0||Rome – Milan Linate, Milan Malpensa and Bergamo
|AZ1||Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Czech Republic, Serbia, Switzerland, Hungary
|AZ2||Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Luxembourg, Holland, Spain, Sweden
|AZ3||Algeria, Cyprus, Egypt, Jordan, Iran, Israel, Lebanon, Morocco, Russia, Tunisia, Ukraine
|AZ4||Cuba, India, Mexico
|Canada, continental USA
|AZ5||Argentina, Brasile, Cile, Corea del Sud, Giappone, Maldive, Mauritius, Sud Africa
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, South Korea, Japan, Maldives, Mauritius, South Africa
1. The On-board Upgrade with Miles award is available on a promotional basis from February 1 until June 30, 2020
2. The initiative is reserved for all Freccia Alata and Freccia Alata Plus customers who provided their MilleMiglia code during the booking and online check-in stage
3. The service is available on all long-haul international flights operated by Alitalia and on medium-haul international flights and on flights Rome - Milan Linate (and viceversa), operated by Alitalia, where the on-board tablet is present, as the tablet is needed to finalize the upgrade procedure. Charter flights are excluded from the initiative
4. To make use of the service, customers must show their valid Freccia Alata or Freccia Alata Plus card on board; requests on board from customers who did not provide their MilleMiglia code during the booking and online check-in stage will not be accepted
5. Elite customers belonging to other loyalty programs cannot take part in the initiative
6. The number of miles requested for each upgrade is shown in the On-board Upgrade with Miles table
7. Only Freccia Alata and Freccia Alata Plus cards associated with a MilleMiglia account with enough miles for the award can be used for the service
8. Before requesting the award, customers are required to check their miles balance on their MilleMiglia account and make sure that they have enough miles for this request; they must have purchased any missing miles by the day before the flight, in accordance with the conditions specified in the MilleMiglia Program Regulations
9. The service beneficiary can be the Member and/or a person on the flight, indicated by the Member, provided that he/she holds a paid ticket issued for a flight operated by Alitalia.
Seat assignment priority on board in case of Upgrade depends on criteria set in the Alitalia systems.
10. Confirmations on upgrades to higher travel classes are subject to seat and meal availability on board.
11. The destinations shown on the table may be subject to change due to operational changes to the flights operated by Alitalia
12. Availability of the On-board Upgrade award may vary according to the flights/destinations/seasons and in some cases the award might not be available
13. The miles earned for the flight are those awarded for the fare originally purchased by the Member
14. All matters not expressly addressed by these Regulations are subject to the conditions of reward use contained in the MilleMiglia Program Regulations