If you should not get your luggage upon arrival, please go to the airport Lost & Found office of your destination city and fill in a Property Irregularity Report (P.I.R.). You will be given a copy of the report and, if you are not a resident of the city, a kit containing some basic necessities including toiletries. Find out what you need to do to send a claim.
If your luggage is not found nor returned to you 45 days after your P.I.R., you can consider it permanently lost.
We will search for your luggage for 45 days from when the loss is reported; at the end of this period, the baggage will be considered lost.
To obtain a refund, on the basis of currently applicable laws, you can send1 a report within two years of the date on which the P.I.R. was submitted, attaching a copy of the following documentation:
- A signed detailed letter
- The Property Irregularity Report (P.I.R.) issued by the Baggage Assistance Office
- Receipt of your flight ticket and/or boarding card.
Our office will be in touch with you via the contact information you provide.
1In the same way specified for delayed baggage delivery
DID YOU LEAVE SOMETHING ON BOARD THE AIRPLANE OR IN AN AREA OWNED BY ALITALIA? GO TO THE LOST AND FOUND DESK OF THE ARRIVAL AIRPORT.
If you forgot an object on an Alitalia flight landed in Fiumicino airport or in one of our Lounges in Rome, you can write to our service dedicated to found properties “ oggetti ritrovati ” stating flight number, date, name and surname, contact (address, phone number, fax and e-mail), name of the Lounge and detailed description of the object.
Send your request in italian or english:
- by mail to: Alitalia – Centrale Assistenza Bagagli - Largo Antonio Locatelli snc – 00054 Fiumicino (ROMA)
- by fax to: +39 06 6563 3114
- by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
At confirmation of found property, our office, are open:
- from Monday to Friday 09:00 a.m. -01:00 p.m. and 02:00 p.m-05:00 p.m.
- Saturday 09:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Objects will be kept by Alitalia until the end of the following month.