TRAVEL MORE COMFORTABLY WITH A COMFORT SEAT.
Do you have a Economy class ticket but want even more legroom when traveling?
Buy a Comfort Seat1, for all domestic, international and intercontinental flights by selecting one on the aircraft map2 during the online check-in procedure, in the home page, clicking on Manage my booking, or choosing one at the airport.
The cost varies according to the flight duration:
|DOMESTIC FLIGHTS*||-||EUR 15,00 per journey leg|
|INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS||Less than 3 hours||EUR 25,00 per journey leg|
|From 3 to 5 hours||EUR 35,00 per journey leg|
|INTERCONTINENTAL FLIGHTS||From 6 to 9,59 hours||EUR 75,00 per journey leg|
|From 10 to 15 hours||EUR 85,00 per journey leg|
* National flights in Italy
** The price can vary based on the moment of purchase of the service.
How to purchase the service
Check the table above to find out where to find the Comfort Seats:
|DOMESTIC FLIGHTS||INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS||INTERCONTINENTAL FLIGHTS|
||Row 1: seat 1A
Row 2 to row 7: seats A - C - D - F
|Near the emergency exits||Near the Classica - Economy Class partition and the emergency exits|
||Seats in the front rows, more comfortable, faster||From 12.7 cm (5 inches) to 91.44 cm (36 inches)||From 25.4 cm (10 inches) to 121.92 cm (48 inches)|
If you are a Freccia Alata or Freccia Alata Plus member, you can book your Comfort Seat at no extra cost. Remember to always provide your MilleMiglia code when booking or enter it during online check-in. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee your seat free of charge and cannot give a refund at a later date.
In addition, Comfort Seats are also free of charge when booking for passengers with Y/B/M booking classes5and and for Corporate Card holders.
1. Seat assignment is subject to availability
2. The maps are purely indicative and do not always correspond to the actual size on board
3. The service is not available on Roma Milano and on flights to/from Sardinia using the territorial continuity system
4. Depending on the aircraft
5. Excluding MilleMiglia award tickets
In order to be able to purchase a comfort seat, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have the legal capacity to sign this agreement and, consequently, to be bound by the terms and conditions of the agreement itself
For operational or safety reasons, Alitalia reserves the right to reassign the seat at any time before or after boarding.
Print and present the purchase receipt for your comfort seat to the personnel in the airport and/or on board.
If the comfort seat is located by the aircraft's emergency exits, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be strong, have full mobility and be capable of providing assistance if the aircraft needs to be evacuated quickly in an emergency
- Be able to understand and speak Italian and/or English
- Not be using any medication that might influence these capabilities pursuant to the legislative and regulatory provisions applicable to safety matters.
In addition, to meet safety obligations, you cannot use seats by the emergency exits if you:
- Have reduced mobility
- Have visual or hearing disabilities
- Are traveling with minors
- Have pets in the cabin or cabin baggage
- Are visibly pregnant
- Are severely overweight (this applies if you have limited movement and might hinder access to the emergency exits and if you need an extra safety belt on board).
If you travel with a pet, you cannot purchase a seat by the emergency exits or in front of a bulkhead.
Before take-off, on some aircraft, passengers in the seats by the emergency exits will receive information about what to do in an emergency from the flight attendants.
In addition, your hand baggage and all of your personal belongings must be stowed in the overhead compartments only.
These restrictions, which are required for safety reasons, do not apply to comfort seats that are not located by the emergency exits.
You are entitled to a refund for a comfort seat in the following cases:
- There are no comfort seats of the type purchased available following a disruption to normal service for which the company is responsible (e.g. flight cancellation, change of aircraft) or where you are re-booked onto a different flight
- You miss a connecting international or intercontinental flight as the result of a delay to a flight operated by Alitalia or a partner company
- Technical problems with the seat
- The comfort seat is reassigned by Alitalia before or after boarding for operational or safety reasons
- If you purchase an upgrade to an higher class in airport. Refunds are excluded if you purchase an upgrade online or on board
- Illness/death (in both cases, not flying due to illness or death must be proven by a valid hospital certificate or death certificate):
- of close relatives: spouse, children including adopted children, parents, brothers/sisters, grandparents, grandchildren, parents-in-law, brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, and sons-in-law and daughters-in-law; in this case, proof of the relationship must be provided with the appropriate certificate (certificate of family status or other certificate issued by a local council or registry office)
- of passengers who are relatives or friends on the same PNR
No refund will be paid if the requirements specified and explained in the Comfort Seat assignment policy are not met.