The Alitalia American Express Platinum Card is dedicated to those who want to travel in maximum comfort: The Alitalia Platinum Card guarantees access to the exclusive Freccia Alata Club. It's also a convenient payment tool that allows you to earn Alitalia miles faster with every purchase.
If you become an Alitalia American Express Platinum Cardholder, you can get up to 30,000 bonus miles when you spend EUR 6,000 in the first three months after the Card is issued.
The Alitalia Platinum Card has an annual fee of EUR 700 and includes an additional Alitalia Platinum Card and up to four additional Alitalia Gold Cards.
Discover the main advantages of being an Alitalia Platinum Cardholder below.
ACCESS TO THE FRECCIA ALATA CLUB³
For the first 12 months after receiving your card, you will have access to Alitalia's exclusive Freccia Alata Club, regardless of the number of miles you've earned during that period. Thanks to the Alitalia Platinum Card, you can subsequently keep your Freccia Alata Club membership by earning just 30,000 qualifying miles during the 12 months that precede the Freccia Alata card's expiration date (June 30 or December 31 of each year), instead of the 50,000 miles usually required by the MilleMiglia Program.
As a member of the Freccia Alata Club, you'll also enjoy:
- An exclusive bonus of 50% more miles4, when you fly with Alitalia and other SkyTeam airlines
- Easier check-in procedures, thanks to the Tele Check-in service, waiting list priority during check-in (on flights operated by Alitalia) and the possibility of checking in at the Alitalia Business Class counters, even if you have an Economy Class ticket.
- Discounts on the permitted baggage allowance, free transport of one piece of baggage weighing up to 23 kg and one piece of baggage for certain types of sports equipment (for skiing, diving, surfing, etc.) on Alitalia flights, with baggage claim priority.
- Preferential access to the security gates to facilitate the screening procedure.
- Priority boarding on flights operated by Alitalia.
- Two free upgrades to Business Class on international flights operated by Alitalia when traveling on an Economy Class ticket (in booking classes Y, B or M).
- Elite Plus Member status when flying with SkyTeam airlines5.
TURN YOUR EVERYDAY PURCHASES INTO MILES²
- EUR 1 spent = 1.5 miles
If purchased from the Alitalia ticket deskwith your Card:
- EUR 1 spent = 4 qualifying miles
Please note that qualifying miles allow quicker access to the MilleMiglia Program's Exclusive Clubs.
AWARD TICKETS FOR COMPANIONS⁶
If you spend at least EUR 15,000 with your Alitalia Platinum Card in one year, you will receive extra miles to get an Award Ticket for a companion.
You can request an Alitalia Standard Award Ticket for your companion.
Free and unlimited access to the Alitalia and SkyTeam Lounges or any other lounges for Alitalia top tiers in airports served directly by the airline. Just show your Alitalia ticket and Freccia Alata card at the entrance. You'll still be able to access lounges even if your Freccia Alata status is not renewed: in this case, just show your Alitalia Platinum Card and your Alitalia ticket.
FOUR MILES WITH AVIS
- Four miles for every euro spent on Avis car rentals in Italy.
- Discounts and special benefits in Italy and abroad. Free enrollment in the Avis President's Club.
DEDICATED TRAVEL SERVICE⁸
You can rely on American Express travel consultants when planning and booking all of your leisure or business travel, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
GLOBAL TRAVEL INSURANCE9
The Alitalia Platinum Card offers you and your family the most comprehensive travel insurance currently available. You'll be protected against unexpected events, and the insurance even covers the holders of the additional Alitalia Platinum Card and the four additional Alitalia Gold Cards that are already included in the annual fee.
NO PRESET SPENDING LIMIT
The Card does not allow for unlimited spending. Each use is subject to an authorization procedure that is based on the evaluation of various factors, such as, for example, the usual amounts charged to the Card, the amount of the transaction to be authorized, any information regarding the Cardholder's financial situation and income, as well as the punctuality and regularity of the payments made for all the American Express Cards issued to the same Cardholder.
Please notify us in advance if you are planning to make a larger purchase than usual. This will allow us to more effectively protect your Card account and to assist you with your purchase.
UNIQUE AMERICAN EXPRESS SERVICES10
American Express offers its Cardholders secure payments and travel protection:
- Purchase protection: if any of the goods that you purchase with the Card are stolen or damaged within 90 days of the transaction, you will be reimbursed for the cost of their replacement or repair, up to EUR 2,600 each time, for a maximum of EUR 7,800 per year.
- 24-hour Alitalia Platinum Card Customer Service and free replacement of lost or stolen Cards.
- Free replacement Card in the event that your Card is stolen, lost or damaged. Protection in the event of unlawful use of your Card by third parties.
WHEN YOU BECOME A CARDHOLDER, YOU’LL RECEIVE 10,000 BONUS MILES¹ AS A WELCOME GIFT!
Advertising message. For more information: see the Information Sheets for the Card on AmericanExpress.it/terminiecondizioni.