ON-BOARD UPGRADE WITH MILES
Use the miles you've earned to treat yourself to a more comfortable and relaxing journey in Premium Economy, Business Class Medium Haul and Business Class Long Haul.
Until December 31, 2017 take advantage of the special promotion for Freccia Alata and Freccia Alata Plus members and use your miles request a class upgrade once you are on board Alitalia flights for you and your companions.
You can request a class upgrade:
- From Economy to Premium Economy, on long-haul international flights
- From Economy to Business Class Medium Haul, on medium-haul international flights
- From Economy to Business Class Long Haul, on long-haul international flights
- From Premium Economy to Business Class Long Haul, on long-haul international flights
On-board upgrades with miles on medium-haul international flights are available only if the on-board tablet is present, as the tablet is needed to finalize the procedure.
Below are the miles necessary to request an on-board upgrade (the miles are per person and per single flight):
|DESTINATION (to/from Italy)||MILES (from Economy to Business Class Medium Haul, from Economy to Premium Economy and from Premium Economy to Business Class Long Haul)||MILES (from Economy to Business Class Long Haul)|
|Albania, Algeria, Austria, Bulgaria, Libya, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Serbia, Switzerland, Tunisia, Hungary, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Morocco, Netherlands, Spain
|Armenia, Egypt, Georgia, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon, Russia, Syria, Turkey, Ukraine
|Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Iran
|Canada, Ghana, Mexico, Nigeria, continental USA, Cuba
|Argentina, Brazil, Chile, China, Japan, South Korea
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The On-board Upgrade with Miles award is available on a promotional basis until December 31, 2017
2. The initiative is reserved for all Freccia Alata and Freccia Alata Plus customers who provided their MilleMiglia code during the booking and online check-in stage
3. The service is available on all long-haul international flights operated by Alitalia and on medium-haul international flights, operated by Alitalia, where the on-board tablet is present, as the tablet is needed to finalize the upgrade procedure. Charter flights are excluded from the initiative
4. To make use of the service, customers must show their valid Freccia Alata or Freccia Alata Plus card on board; requests on board from customers who did not provide their MilleMiglia code during the booking and online check-in stage will not be accepted
5. The number of miles requested for each upgrade is shown in the On-board Upgrade with Miles table
6. Before requesting the award, customers are required to check their miles balance on their MilleMiglia account and make sure that they have enough miles for this request; they must have purchased any missing miles by the day before the flight, in accordance with the conditions specified in the MilleMiglia Program Regulations
7. The service beneficiary can be the Member and/or a person on the flight, indicated by the Member, provided that he/she holds a paid ticket issued for a flight operated by Alitalia
8. The destinations shown on the table may be subject to change due to operational changes to the flights operated by Alitalia
9. Confirmations on upgrades to higher travel classes are subject to seat and meal availability on board.
10. Availability of the On-board Upgrade award may vary according to the flights/destinations/seasons and in some cases the award might not be available
11. The miles earned for the flight are those awarded for the fare originally purchased by the Member
12. Elite customers belonging to other loyalty programs cannot take part in the initiative (only Freccia Alata and Freccia Alata Plus cards associated with a MilleMiglia account with enough miles for the award can be used for the service)
13. All matters not expressly addressed by these Regulations are subject to the conditions of reward use contained in the MilleMiglia Program Regulations