What is TravelPass?
What does TravelPass offer?
The TravelPass is the package of prepaid vouchers to use for the subsequent issue of single-leg tickets, for travel to selected destinations, at all times of the year, at fares chosen at the time of purchase, subject to availability of seats on board.
Are there restrictions or limitations on its use?
The TravelPass carries no suspensions or restrictions related to fares and travel classes; there are no restrictions related to holiday periods or the high season. TravelPass lets you travel, subject to seat availability, on board the aircraft and subject to the corresponding TravelPass conditions.
Are there taxes or extra costs?
The TravelPass price refers to the fare, including taxes and supplements, for all the tickets issued.
What services does TravelPass include?
The tickets issued include transport on flights operated directly by Alitalia and Alitalia CityLiner aircraft in the selected travel class (Economy or Business) and corresponding services including:
- For Economy class, one item of hand baggage weighing no more than 8 kg and one item of hold baggage weighing up to 23 kg are permitted. All items are subject to the Alitalia baggage size restrictions, which can be found on www.alitalia.com
- For Business class, one item of hand baggage weighing no more than 8 kg and two items of hold baggage weighing up to 32 kg are permitted. All items are subject to the Alitalia baggage size restrictions, which can be found on www.alitalia.com
- Choice of Seat: choice of seat is permitted during the check-in phase.
- Access to Lounges, Fast Track and Priority Boarding, where they exist, are included in the Business travel class.
Can I earn Miles for the tickets issued?
Alitalia MilleMiglia Program Miles will be credited, in accordance with the MilleMiglia Regulations, based on the lowest "Booking class" available at the time of the ticket issue. For the Alitalia BusinessConnect program, miles will be credited based on the amount spent by the company.
Can I use Miles earned to buy the TravelPass?
No, the TravelPass cannot be purchased using Alitalia MilleMiglia Program miles.
Buying the TravelPass
Where can I buy the TravelPass?
To buy the TravelPass, go to www.alitalia.com and go to the dedicated "TravelPass" section.
What does single-leg tickets mean?
Each ticket issued can be used on one leg: in case of a a one-way trip, for example from Rome to Catania, it would be necessary to issue one ticket; in case of a round trip, for example Rome-Catania-Rome, it would be necessary to issue two tickets: the first to fly the Rome-Catania leg and the second to fly the Catania-Roma leg.
Can I transfer my TravelPass to another person?
No, the TravelPass is not transferable and can only be used by the passengers specified by the purchaser and entered into the system.
Are code-share flights operated by companies other than Alitalia included in the offer?
No, flights not operated directly by Alitalia and Alitalia CityLiner aircraft cannot be booked.
How can I share my TravelPass with other people?
- It is possible to share it with a number of people equal to the number of trips chosen (from 1 to 24 passengers). For example, if you purchase a TravelPass with 6 flights, it is possible to enter up to 6 passenger names. For 12 trips the number of passengers that can be entered is up to 12.
- The fewer passengers selected when you buy the TravelPass, the less it will cost.
- The name of the first passenger must be added when you buy the TravelPass and the other names must be entered in the system within the time frame provided for by the type of TravelPass purchased. When a name has been added in the system, it cannot be deleted or changed for another one.
- Each passenger can travel alone or with one or more passengers for each flight. Passengers traveling alone must be adults.
- Once the TravelPass has been purchased, the number of passengers cannot be increased.
- Children under 15 years old can be added as passenger to the Travel Pass, however they cannot travel alone because the "Unaccompanied Minors" procedure is not permitted.
How can I add passenger names into the system after the first name?
To add passenger names to the TravelPass after the first name, go to www.alitalia.com, go to the dedicated "TravelPass" section and select "Book Flight". When redirected to the platform, log into the platform with your "Username" and "Password", go to the "Manage my Pass" section, "Add Passengers", select the TravelPass purchased, enter the name of each passenger and confirm.
If I buy a TravelPass with 12 flights, having entered 6 passengers, what is the minimum number of tickets that each passenger can issue?
There is no minimum number of flights that each passenger must use. For example, if you buy a TravelPass with 12 flights, one passenger can issue 1 or all 12 tickets.
Can I buy a TravelPass for my child under 15 years old to travel alone?
No, the TravelPass may not be used by children under 15 years old traveling unaccompanied, without an adult. The "Unaccompanied Minors" procedure is not permitted. There is no child discount on the TravelPass price.
Is children under 15 years old discount applicable for Travel Pass?
No, TravelPass price does not include reductions for children under 15 years old.
Can I ask for an invoice for the purchase of the TravelPass?
Yes, an invoice can be requested within 7 days of the date of TravelPass purchase by contacting the Alitalia Contact Center.
Using the TravelPass: Issuing Tickets
How can I issue a ticket?
To issue a ticket, go to www.alitalia.com, go to the dedicated "TravelPass" section and select "Book Flight". When redirected to the platform, log into the platform with your "Username" and "Password", select "Book Flight", select the TravelPass purchased, select the flight, date and departure time, select the passenger to receive the ticket, confirm and then issue the ticket. You can search for and book Alitalia flights based on parameters selected in the TravelPass.
Can I change or cancel the ticket?
Once the ticket is issued, the flight date and time can be changed before departure of the flight, upon payment of a supplement of EUR 65 to change the reservation (ticket change possible only on the web platform and subject to availability).
The option to change the date and time of the flight is provided without any additional charge only to customers who have purchased the "Freedom Option". Tickets cannot be canceled and they are not refundable.
Can I issue a ticket for a flight departing after the expiration date of the "Travel period"?
No, tickets cannot be issued after the expiration of the "Travel period".
What happens if I do not use all the tickets by the "Validity" expiration date?
Unused tickets will not be refunded.
If I buy a TravelPass on January 1 with a 6-month "Travel period" and a "Booking period" of 30 days, until when can I issue the tickets?
With these parameters, you can issue tickets until May 31. Beyond this date, you can no longer use the tickets. The tickets issued must be used by no later than June 30.
How can I use the tickets, if I buy a Domestic TravelPass and there is no direct flight between the cities to or from which I wish to fly?
If, for example, I wanted to travel one-way from Catania to Trieste, between which there are no direct flights, I would have to issue two tickets: the first for the Catania-Rome leg and the second for the Rome-Trieste leg. If I wanted to take a round trip between Catania and Trieste, I would have to issue four tickets: the first to fly the Catania-Rome leg, the second for the Rome-Trieste leg, the third for the Trieste-Rome leg and the fourth for the Rome-Catania leg.
Using the TravelPass: Changing Tickets
How can I change the date and time of the ticket?
To change the ticket date or time, go to www.alitalia.com, go to the dedicated "TravelPass" section and select "Book Flights". When redirected to the platform, log into the platform with your "Username" and "Password", go to the "Manage My Booking" section, "Change Flight", select the TravelPass purchased, the booking you want to change and then select the new flight date and time. Issue the ticket, paying the supplement.
How can I pay for the TravelPass?
You can pay for the TravelPass with a debit/credit card. The following credit cards are accepted: Visa and MasterCard.
Can I pay for the TravelPass in installments?
No, TravelPass cannot be paid by installments.
Who can I contact for more information?
For more information on TravelPass you can contact:
- Alitalia Contact Center available from Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 7:00pm*, from Italy: 892044
- Optiontown Contact Center available 24/7, 365 days a year. Telephone UK: +44 (0)20 3318 3548 Email: email@example.com. Only in English
*costs from landline, vat included: 64 cents/min without connection charge. Costs from mobile, vat included: tim, vodafone and tre (16 cent connection charge + 95 cents/min); wind (15-cent connection charge + 98 cents/min).