PURCHASE EXTRA BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE ONLINE AND, IF YOU TRAVEL WITH A LIGHT FARE, SAVE UP TO 50% ON THE FEE CHARGED AT THE AIRPORT.
If you hold a Light fare Alitalia ticket, you will save up to 50% on the price charged at the airport.
In order to benefit from the discount, you must buy your extra baggage during online check-in.
To/from Cairo no discounts are applied for online purchases of extra baggage during online check-in.
The discount is also reserved for disabled passengers who contact Special Assistance the day before the flight departs.
For tickets bought with the Light Fare the checked baggage has a cost:
- For national and international flights* the cost is of €25** per direction on Alitalia website, call centers and of €45** per direction for purchases through ticket offices and check-in at the airport.
- The fare is applicable only on direct Alitalia flights operated by Alitalia aircraft on all domestic routes, except for routes under the territorial continuity system and on selected international flights
- Paying excess luggage at Cairo Airport will be in Local Currency
**The price can vary based on the moment of purchase of the baggage service. if a passenger with Light fare purchases hold luggage at the airport, an additional charge may be applied depending on the departure airport (defined by the Airport Operator)
You are entitled to a refund of the extra baggage allowance fee in the following cases:
- The flight was not operated by Alitalia
- The original flight was canceled and you refused the new flight proposed by Alitalia
- The baggage for which you had previously purchased the extra allowance is lost and not found again within 45 days
- Illness/death (in both cases, not flying due to illness or death must be proven by a valid hospital certificate or death certificate):
- of close relatives: spouse, children including adopted children, parents, brothers/sisters, grandparents, grandchildren, parents-in-law, brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, and sons-in-law and daughters-in-law; in this case, proof of the relationship must be provided with the appropriate certificate (certificate of family status or other certificate issued by a local council or registry office)
- of passengers who are relatives or friends on the same PNR
You are not entitled to a refund if:
- You decide to travel with less baggage than the allowance you have purchased
ARE YOU AN EXCLUSIVE CLUB MEMBER?
Discover all the advantages of size, weight and quantity of baggage allowed on the special page of the club you belong to.
Always remember to give your MilleMiglia code during the booking stage or enter it during online check-in.
- At check-in, all additional baggage purchased previously must be used in combination with the ticket purchased for the excess baggage. If you wish to modify your flight, and if the tariff conditions for your ticket allow such modifications, your additional baggage allowance purchased previously shall remain valid in combination with the modified ticket. All additional baggage allowance purchased previously is personal and non-transferable
- Additional baggage allowance purchased previously is valid for a single leg (outbound or return) toward the stopover airport or the final destination, and exclusively on flights operated by Alitalia
- Additional baggage allowance purchased previously cannot be used to transport pets and/or sports equipment
- Alitalia's Conditions of Carriage are an integral part of these conditions
- The maximum size and weight of your additional baggage allowance permitted for your route are described in the Conditions of Carriage
- You must ensure that all information supplied when booking and purchasing of the extra baggage allowance is complete.
Departing from the following airports it's not possible to buy an extra bag with discount online:
- Gran Canaria
- Palma de Mallorca
- Paris Charles De Gaulle
- Paris Orly