EXTRA COMFORT SEATS
TRAVEL MORE COMFORTABLY WITH AN EXTRA COMFORT SEAT.
Do you have a Classica - Economy class ticket but want even more legroom when travelling?
Buy an Extra Comfort Seat1, for all domestic, international and intercontinental flights by selecting one on the aircraft map2 during the online check-in procedure, in the home page, clicking on Manage my booking, or choosing one at the airport.
The cost varies according to the flight duration:
|DOMESTIC FLIGHTS*||-||$20,00 per leg
|INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS||Less than 3 hours
||$30,00 per leg
|From-3-to 5 hours||$40,00 per leg
|INTERCONTINENTAL FLIGHTS||From-6-to 9,59 hours||$85,00 per leg
|From-10-to 15 hours||$95,00 per leg
* National flights in Italy
** The price can vary based on the moment of purchase of the service.
How to purchase the service
Check the table above to find out where to find the Extra Comfort Seats:
|DOMESTIC FLIGHTS||INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS||INTERCONTINENTAL FLIGHTS|
||Row 1: seat 1A
Row 2 to row 7: seats A - C - D - F
|Near the emergency exits||Near the Classica - Economy Class partition and the emergency exits|
||Seats in the front rows, more comfortable, faster||From 12.7 cm (5 inches) to 91.44 cm (36 inches)||From 25.4 cm (10 inches) to 121.92 cm (48 inches)|
If you are a Freccia Alata or Freccia Alata Plus member, you can book your Extra Comfort Seat at no extra cost. Remember to always provide your MilleMiglia code when booking or enter it during online check-in. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee your seat free of charge and cannot give a refund at a later date.
In addition, Extra Comfort Seats are also free of charge:
When booking: for passengers with Y/B/M booking classes5 , exclusively, during the booking process (Online in “My Flights” section/at call center/travel agencies)
During check-in, self check-in and online check-in: for Corporate Card holders
1. Seat assignment is subject to availability
2. The maps are purely indicative and do not always correspond to the actual size on board
3. The service is not available on Roma Milano and on flights to/from Sardinia using the territorial continuity system
4. Depending on the aircraft
5. Excluding MilleMiglia award tickets
- In order to be able to purchase an extra comfort seat, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have the legal capacity to sign this agreement and, consequently, to be bound by the terms and conditions of the agreement itself
- Remember that, if the extra comfort seat is located by the aircraft's emergency exits, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to provide assistance in emergency situations and therefore have sufficient strength and mobility
- Not be taking any medication that might influence your capabilities pursuant to the legislative and regulatory provisions applicable to safety matters
- Have the ability to understand and speak English sufficiently well
- Travel with minors (0-18 years old)
- Travel with pets
- Be pregnant
- Be overweight
- These limitations, which are required for safety reasons, do not apply to extra comfort seats that are not located by emergency exits.
- Before takeoff, our flight attendants will provide you with all the information needed to occupy these seats. In addition, your hand baggage and all your personal belongings must be stowed in the overhead compartments only
- Make the booking only for yourself or for another person in whose name you have the right to act and for whom you guarantee that the same requirements are met
- Declare, during Web Check-in, that all information provided is accurate and not make any speculative, false or fraudulent bookings
- Alitalia will make every reasonable effort to meet your request for the assignment of the extra comfort seat. However, it reserves the right to assign or reassign the seat at any time, even after boarding the aircraft, for operational or safety reasons. The final decision of your suitability to occupy the extra comfort seat lies with the check-in personnel or flight crew working on the day of the flight
- Passengers are required to print and present the purchase receipt for the extra comfort seat to the personnel in the airport and/or on board
- If you are not assigned the extra comfort seat purchased, you have the right to a refund for the cost of said seat for that specific leg, in the following cases:
- Alitalia cancels the flight
- Alitalia changes the type of aircraft and the aircraft that operates the flight does not have extra comfort seats
- You miss a connecting intercontinental flight following a flight operated by Alitalia or a partner company
- There were technical problems with the seat chosen
- Alitalia exercised its right to assign or reassign the extra comfort seat before or after boarding for operational or safety reasons
- Because of illness/death
- Of close relatives such as: spouse, children including adopted children, parents, brothers/sisters, grandparents, grandchildren, parents-in-law, brothers and sisters-in-law, and sons and daughters-in-law; in this case, proof of the relationship must be provided with the appropriate certificate (civil status certificate or other certificate issued by a local council or registry office)
- Of passengers on the same PNR: whether they are relatives or friends
- In both cases, not flying due to illness or death must be proved by a valid hospital certificate or death certificate
- The point concerning "Because of illness/death" always follows the conditions of carriage in force
7. The customer decides to accept the company's offer to upgrade to the superior class online and at the airport counters. Refunds are excluded if the upgrade is purchased on board.
No refund will be paid if the requirements specified and explained in the Extra Comfort Seat assignment policy are not met.