Alitalia has joined TSA Pre✓®, a trusted traveller program which allows its members to perform security checks faster, easier and more efficiently at over 200 US airports.
With TSA PRECHK on your boarding pass you may use the dedicated lanes at US airports, in which you will not need to remove:
- Light jackets
Furthermore, in your hand luggage, you will be able to leave:
- 3-1-1 liquids.
Children 12 years old and younger may accompany an adult with TSA Pre✓® into the trusted traveller lane.
More information can be found on the TSA Pre✓® website
WHO CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF TSA Pre✓® BENEFITS?
- All members of TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry
- Members of SENTRI who are US citizens or lawful permanent residents
- Members of NEXUS who are Canadian or US citizens, or lawful permanent residents of the US
- U.S. Armed Forces service members, including those serving in the U.S. Coast Guard, Reserves and National Guard
- Children 12 and under accompanying an adult with a TSA PRECHK boarding pass.
IN WHICH U.S. AIRPORT SERVED BY ALITALIA IS TSA Pre✓® AVAILABLE?
- Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Chicago O´Hare International Airport (ORD) - seasonal.
HOW CAN I BECOME A U.S. TRUSTED TRAVELER?
If you travel frequently in the United States, consider joining a trusted traveller program of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Eligibility is based on citizenship and other factors. To learn more about the four DHS trusted traveller programs, click here.
HOW DO I OBTAIN THE TSA PRECHK INDICATOR ON MY BOARDING PASS?
DHS trusted travellers are assigned a Known Traveller Number (KTN). To ensure the TSA PRECHK indicator is printed on your boarding pass, you will need to provide your KTN to:
- Your travel agency before check-in.
- Our call centre before check-in.
- Or directly at the airport upon check-in.
If you are a TSA Pre✓® passenger with a US destination and have checked in online or via the ALITALIA APP, you can print your boarding pass with the TSA PRECHK indicator again at the:
- Check-in desk
- Kiosk, having previously provided your KTN through the call centre or your travel agency.
If you are a TSA Pre✓® passenger with a connecting flight in the United States, in the absence of a TSA PRECHK indicator on your boarding pass, you will need to re-print your boarding pass on arrival at the first US airport.
If you are a TSA Pre✓® passenger departing from the USA and have checked in online or via the ALITALIA APP, you will need to print your boarding pass with the TSA PRECHK indicator at the airport check-in desks.
For assistance with TSA Pre✓® please contact:
9 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET weekdays; 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekends/holidays.
- TSA Contact Center – 1-866-289-9673
Automated information is available anytime in several languages.
Representatives are available 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET weekdays; 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekends/holidays.