BUY OR GIFT MILES
HAVE YOU CHOSEN YOUR AWARD BUT DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MILES? PURCHASE MILES ONLINE OR THROUGH OUR CUSTOMER CENTER, OR GIFT MILES TO SOMEONE YOU LOVE TO HELP THEM REDEEM THEIR AWARD.
Buy up to 50,000 miles* every year for EUR 25 per 1,000 miles.
Before any transaction, you need to log-in (in case, the system will invite you to do it).
GIVE MILES AS A GIFT
Buying miles for family or friends is easy: just provide your friend's email address and we will send them a confidential code, which will enable them to receive your gift of miles.
If your friend is not yet a MilleMiglia member, he or she will be able to receive your gift miles after joining.
Give up to 50,000 miles* as gifts every year for EUR 25 per 1,000 miles.
If you have received MilleMiglia miles as a gift, follow these three steps:
- Join the MilleMiglia program, if you are not yet a member.
- Log in to the MilleMiglia page.
- Claim your miles online with the code that you received.
*In increments of 1,000, up to 50,000 miles per purchase.
The MilleMiglia member acknowledges and accepts these terms and conditions (hereinafter “Terms and Conditions”) by submitting his or her online request to purchase Alitalia miles (referred to herein as “miles”). The sales of miles is a service provided to MilleMiglia members by Points.com Inc., a corporation authorized by Alitalia on the basis of an agreement between them to sell miles or transfer Miles from the account of a MilleMiglia member to another MilleMiglia member.
This company is headquartered in Ontario, Canada (hereafter “Points.com”).
- The person who wishes to buy or gift miles must be a member of the MilleMiglia Program. The same condition must be satisfied by the person who will receive the gift.
- The member’s purchase request shall not be effective until accepted by Points.com. Acceptance by Points.com shall be evidenced only by the actual delivery of miles to the account of the purchaser or the recipient of the gift.
- The miles purchased by Members are the first to be used in order to issue an Award ticket, therefore they will not be refunded.
The member purchasing or gifting miles has the right to cancel any purchase or gift, without penalty and without specifying the reason, within ten (10) working days from the day the transaction was confirmed by Points.com by email. Any request to cancel a purchase or gift shall be communicated to Alitalia by email at email@example.com. If the right to cancel is exercised according to the above mentioned procedures and deadlines the purchaser will be reimbursed the sums already paid. Refunds will be made in the shortest possible time and in any event within thirty (30) days from the date on which Alitalia has received the notice of cancellation. If the member does not comply with the procedures and terms for exercising the right to cancel as specified in this section, the purchaser shall not be entitled to any refund.
- Other than the provisions of section 3 above, the purchase and the gift of miles are non-refundable.
- Purchased or gifted miles will not count toward qualification for any increased or improved status in the MilleMiglia Program.
- MilleMiglia members may buy miles in increments of 1,000 miles. Members may purchase or receive up to 50,000 miles each year.
- The purchaser agrees that Points.com may use his/her name, email address, MilleMiglia account information and credit card information for the purpose of processing his/her requested transaction. Except as required to investigate or prosecute fraud or as permitted or required by law, Points.com will not use or disclose the member’s personal information for any purpose other than the foregoing unless with the member’s consent.
- Furthermore, the purchaser declares that he or she has previously obtained authorization from the recipient to transmit the recipient's name, email address and MilleMiglia number in order to complete a Gift Miles transaction, accepting all responsibilities related to this communication.
- Neither the purchaser nor the recipient may sell, barter or otherwise conduct any unauthorized distribution of miles purchased or received hereunder. If any miles purchased or received as a gift are resold, distributed or used for improper purposes as determined by Points.com at its sole and absolute discretion, or obtained through credit card abuse or fraud or other illegal means, Points.com may cancel, void, refuse to honor and/or confiscate such miles and pursue any and all other rights and remedies that may be available. The purchaser agrees to fulfill Points.com’s requests concerning any investigation or prosecution of anyone engaging in or suspected of engaging in abuse or fraud with respect to the purchase or gift of miles hereunder.
- The purchase of miles is not a guarantee of the availability of any MilleMiglia rewards. Therefore Points.com shall have no liability or responsibility where the member is unable to use or redeem purchased or received miles.
- The purchaser agrees to pay Points.com in full by credit card prior to any miles being posted to his/her or the recipient’s MilleMiglia account. By submitting a request to purchase or gift miles the purchaser authorizes Points.com to charge his/her credit card number provided.
- The purchaser agrees that the awarding and use of all miles, including those purchased or gifted hereunder, are subject to the terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations of the MilleMiglia program, and that Alitalia has the sole and exclusive authority and responsibility for operating, modifying and establishing the terms and conditions applicable to the MilleMiglia Program. Points.com shall have no liability or responsibility to the member for, and has no obligation to notify the member of, any action, inaction or decision taken by Alitalia in connection with the MilleMiglia Program. The purchaser hereby agrees not to make any claim against Points.com for any action, inaction or decision taken by Alitalia in connection with the MilleMiglia Program. Points.com shall not be treated as the agent of Alitalia for any purpose.
- The purchaser or the recipient, under the provisions of applicable law, at the moment of the award request can use the miles purchased or gifted up to the maximum of 75% of the award value in miles (25% of the miles required for an award must be earned with Alitalia or Alitalia’s Partners).
- Except in the event of gross negligence and willful misconduct, Points.com shall not exceed the amount paid by the member for the purchase or gift of miles. In no event shall Points.com be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages suffered in connection with these terms and conditions or the member's purchase or gift of miles.
- The purchaser shall comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed exclusively by Italian law. The parties agree on the exclusive competence of the Court of Rome (Italy).
- The purchaser may not assign or transfer the agreement governed by these Terms and Conditions, or any right or obligation hereunder.
- These Terms and Conditions, together with the member’s purchase request, constitute the entire agreement between the purchaser and Points.com with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, if any, whether written or oral, relating to such subject matter. No modification, amendment or waiver of these Terms and Conditions shall be effective or binding unless made in writing and signed by Points.com, with Alitalia’s consent.
- Points.com shall have no liability for delays or failure in its performance hereunder caused by any act of God, war, strike, labor dispute, work stoppage, fire, act of government or any other cause, whether similar or dissimilar, beyond its control.
- All personal information supplied upon enrollment in this or subsequent initiatives is processed by Alitalia and Point.com in compliance with laws and regulations related to personal data protection and in particular in accordance with Legislative Decree no. 196, June 30, 2003 (Personal data protection code) in the manner described in the Terms and Conditions of the MilleMiglia Program available at www.alitalia.com.