DELAYED OR LOST LUGGAGE
If you are a USA resident and you incurred expenses while without your baggage, you must file a written claim for reimbursement within 21 days of the luggage delivery date.
You may submit your claim online. To submit your claim via Email, write to firstname.lastname@example.org , or fax to 212 903 3568. To submit a claim via post mail, write to Alitalia Customer Relations, PO Box 4485, New York, NY 10163-4485 .
An Alitalia customer care representative will be in touch with you as soon as possible via the contact information you have provided.
Please remember to include the following documents:
- A brief but detailed letter including your mailing address, phone number and Email
- Copy of the Property Irregularity Report (P.I.R.) issued by the Lost & Found office
- Copy of luggage tag or stub of the baggage ID tag
- Copy of your e-ticket(s) and/or boarding card(s)
- Copies of relevant receipts of reasonable expenses for necessities purchased while without luggage
If your luggage has not been found and returned to you after 3 days from the time you filed a PIR, send a detailed list of the contents of the delayed bag along with the PIR number and the baggage ID tag to:
For your convenience, use this LIST OF CONTENTS FORM