DELAYED OR LOST LUGGAGE
If you should not get your luggage upon arrival, please go to the airport Lost & Found office of your destination city and fill in a Property Irregularity Report (P.I.R.). You will be given a copy of the report and, if you are not a resident of the city, a kit containing some basic necessities including toiletries. Find out what you need to do to send a claim.
If your luggage is not found nor returned to you 45 days after your P.I.R., you can consider it permanently lost.
If you are a USA resident and you incurred expenses while without your baggage, you must file a written claim for reimbursement within 21 days of the luggage delivery date. You can send a detailed fax to 212 903 3568,or fill in an online form. Remember to attach the following documents:
- A brief but detailed letter including your address and contact information
- Copy of the Property Irregularity Report (P.I.R.) issued by the Lost & Found office
- Copy of luggage tag or stub of the baggage ID tag
- Copy of your e-ticket(s) and/or boarding card(s)
- Copies of relevant receipts for necessities purchased while without luggage
If you live outside the USA, download and fill out the online form and send it to the Client Relations Office nearest you. Our office will be in touch with you via the contact information you have provided.
If your luggage has not been found and returned to you after 3 days from the time you filed a PIR, send a detailed list of the contents of the delayed bag along with the PIR number and the baggage ID tag:
- via email to email@example.com
- via fax to 001 212 903 3568 (printable version)