Due to the current Covid-19 emergency, our in-flight service will be carried out in ways to reduce contact and guarantee safe passage and stationing of the flight crew throughout the cabin. Food and drink will be supplied in single sealed portions, adhering to the highest hygiene standards.
The special meals booking service has been temporarily suspended due to the Covid-19 emergency.
On long-haul flights, special meals will be available for medical reasons (gluten-free and diabetes menu), and for religious reasons (Kosher, Muslim).
On medium-haul flights:
- in Economy class, all special meals have been temporarily suspended, with the exception of flights from Rome to Tel Aviv and back, where only the Kosher meal may be booked;
- in Business class, special meals will be available for medical reasons (gluten-free and diabetes menu), and for religious reasons (Kosher, Muslim).
SELECT AND BOOK YOUR SPECIAL MEAL ONLINE FOR FLIGHTS WHERE A COMPLETE MEAL IS AVAILABLE ON-BOARD
You can reserve your meal online during the booking progress or by contacting the Customer Center, at least 24 hours prior to departure. This service is available:
- on all intercontinental flights, for all travel classes (Magnifica, Premium Economy, Economy)
- on international Business Class or Economy Class flights with a flight duration of more than three hours
- on international Business Class flights with a flight duration of less than three hours
In the following cases special meals must be booked exclusively via the CUSTOMER CENTER:
- On international Business Class flights with a flight duration of less than three hours
- On flights operated by our partner airlines
SPECIAL MEAL CATEGORIES
There are three categories of special meals available on board:
Please select the option that matches your needs.
Please note: on flights to/from India, the meals served in Economy Class and Premium Economy Class are vegetarian (they do not contain meat but may contain milk/egg derivatives). This means that you can choose either an Italian vegetarian meal (pasta) or an ethnic vegetarian meal.
For people who have an allergy or an intollerance to peanuts, given the complex process of producing and loading the on-board catering, Altialia is unable to guarantee that meals are completely free from traces of allergens. Furthermore, Alitalia does not guarantee the total absence of peanuts or peanut-derived substances in the meals/snakcs offered to passengers on board its flights.
It is therefore recommended that passengers suffering from a food intolerance to peanuts always carry medication to be used in the event of an allergic reaction during their trip (EpiPen or another anaphylactic substance that can be used personally and a thermal bag), as well as any another remedy deemed necessary by their general doctor or specialist. It is also recommended to wear a bracelet indicating the allergy and, if accompanied by family or traveling companions, to ensure that at least one of them is trained and instructed in the administration of the medication, should it be necessary. In any case, unaccompanied passengers must be able to carry out self-administration of the medication.