USA and other destinations


In accordance with the Secure Flight program*, promoted by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), passengers traveling to/from or through the United States or flying over U.S. airspace to reach other countries (e.g. Canada, Cuba and Mexico), must provide, at the time of booking/issuing of the ticket or, in any case, no later than 72 hours prior to departure, the following personal information:


  • First name and last name (as shown on the passport)
  • Date of birth
  • Gender


If this data is not provided, passengers will not be allowed to travel.

Provide, change or update personal information online, or contact the Customer Center or ask your travel agency to enter the information during the booking stage.

Passengers who have a Redress Number to identify them must give this to the Call Center.


Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) provides prior authorization to travel to/from or in transit through the United States and must be requested for a stay not exceeding 90 days if you have purchased a return ticket and if your country of nationality or birth is part of the Visa Waiver Program. In this case, you can travel without a visa, provided that your passport is:


  • A machine-readable passport (MRP) issued or renewed prior to October 26, 2005
  • A passport with a digital photo issued or renewed between October 26, 2005, and October 25, 2006
  • An electronic passport issued or renewed after October 26, 2006


Every passenger must have his/her own passport, including children and infants.
U.S. authorities do not allow passengers without this authorization to embark on the flight.

Complete the ESTA process online with a credit card payment of USD 14.


Canada has introduced a new entry requirement, known as an eTA, for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travelers with a valid visa. Entry requirements for other methods of travel (land, sea) have not changed. Starting August 1, 2015, eligible travelers can apply online for an eTA. 


On March 15, 2016, this entry requirement will become mandatory and travelers will need an eTA before they can board a flight to Canada.


Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travelers with a valid Canadian visa. However, from March 15, 2016 until Fall 2016, travelers who do not have an eTA can board their flight, as long as they have appropriate travel documents, such as a valid passport. To learn more, click here.


The eTA is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. 

Applying for an eTA is a simple and inexpensive ($7 Canadian) online process that will take just a few minutes. Most eTA-eligible applicants will get their authorization within minutes of submitting the online form. 

You must have a valid passport, an email address and a credit card to complete the online form. You can only apply for one person at a time

For example, for a family of three people, you will need to complete and submit the form three times. 


Apply online for an eTA


Citizens of countries not belonging to the Visa Waiver Program or who plan on spending more than 90 days in the USA must request a regular tourist visa from the U.S. Embassy or the U.S. Consulate.


Upon arrival in the United States, at the immigration desk, passengers must submit to the collection of personal information including recording of fingerprints or photographs.

Check the suitability of your documents by contacting the U.S. Consulate or visiting the U.S. EMBASSY website‍


For travel from Algeria, Argentina, Egypt, Turkey, Nigeria, Brazil, China, the USA and Canada to Italy PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLINE

*Developed by the Transport Security Administration (TSA), the authority charged with security in the United States.