PURCHASES AND REFUNDS
The following variable service charges* will be applied to tickets purchased:
There is no service charge for purchases made on alitalia.com
Purchases from the Call Center1
EUR 9.50 for a ticket purchased at the time of booking
EUR 25 for a domestic ticket purchased after booking
EUR 25 for an international ticket purchased after booking
Purchases of MilleMiglia award tickets from the Call Center1,2,3
EUR 6 for a ticket purchased at the time of booking
EUR 8 for a domestic ticket purchased after booking
EUR 15 for an international ticket purchased after booking
1) Service charges do not apply for children under 2 years old
2) Services charges do not apply to customers belonging to the Freccia Alata or Freccia Alata Plus Clubs
3) The service charge does not apply if the award ticket cannot be booked on Alitalia website
Purchases from ticket desks managed by Alitalia
EUR 12 for a domestic ticket
EUR 25 for an international ticket in the Schengen area and Switzerland
EUR 35 per ticket for all other destinations
An invoice must be requested at the same time as the ticket is bought. Exceptionally, for purchases through the call center, Alitalia ticket desk or website, an invoice can be requested within seven days of the date of purchase by filling in the appropriate form
Refunds of the total or partial ticket price for flights canceled by the passenger are permitted in accordance with the conditions of carriage for the ticket bought. The conditions of carriage are shown during the booking and purchase process and on the ticket receipt.
Airport and security taxes are always refundable for all fares.
Refunds of tickets bought on alitalia.com, through the Customer Center and Alitalia ticket desks must be requested by telephoning the Customer Center on 89.20.10*. For tickets issued by travel agencies, the request should be sent to the agency.
For refunds of airport taxes and administrative charges related to tickets with a non-refundable fare, please contact: 02 2222 7890.
*From landlines, VAT included: 64 cent/min. with no connection charge. From cellphones, VAT included: TIM, Vodafone and Tre (16 cent connection charge + 95 cent/min.); Wind (15 cent connection charge + 98 cent/min.).
HOW AND IN WHICH CASES TO INFORM ALITALIA OF FAILURE TO BOARD A FLIGHT
FOR DOMESTIC FLIGHTS
A request to maintain the validity of the ticket for subsequent flights if the outward flight is not used, for any reason, may be accepted only by sending the request to Alitalia by telephoning the Contact Center on +39 06 65640, pressing button 4, under the following conditions:
- Within 24 hours of the departure time of the unused outward flight
- If the departure time of the return flight is within 24 hours of the outward flight, the Contact Center must be contacted at least two hours before the departure of this return flight.
The Contact Center will issue a new electronic ticket, for which you must check in on the website (if available) or at the airport.
If passengers do not inform Alitalia as above, or do so after the deadlines indicated, when there are seats available on the flight, Alitalia reserves the right to request payment of an amount equal to the difference between the price paid for the previously bought ticket and the higher price applicable to the amended itinerary at the time the ticket is reissued.
FOR INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS
A request to maintain the validity of the ticket for subsequent flights can be accepted for the following reasons:
- Illness that prevents flying, substantiated by an appropriate medical certificate from a hospital or equivalent in-patient or out-patient facility
- Death of a first-degree relative, spouse or partner, substantiated by a death certificate
- Fulfillment of obligations imposed by legal authorities or the police after the ticket was purchased, substantiated by a copy of the decisions made by these authorities
The occurrence of any of the above situations beyond your control must be communicated to Alitalia at least 2 hours before the departure of the flight you cannot use, by contacting the Customer Center on +39 06 65640 and pressing button 2, option 4.
The documentation that substantiates the event beyond your control must be sent to Alitalia by fax to the number 0230 134 136, within 48 hours of the above communication and, in any case, at least 12 hours before the departure of the flight you wish to confirm.